• On allies turn, the US attacks my 2 Jap carrier3 with 4 fighters in Western australia.  My one carrier takes a hit so I cannot land its 2 fighters on it.  Since I own Java which is one space away, could the 2 fighters land on Java?

Or must I take the fighters as loses first in this situation. Thanks

• @Gravy:

On allies turn, the US attacks my 2 Jap carrier3 with 4 fighters in Western australia.  My one carrier takes a hit so I cannot land its 2 fighters on it.  Since I own Java which is one space away, could the 2 fighters land on Java?

If the carrier in the SZ right next to Western Australia then you lose the fighters. They would need to have to be on the Java SZ to land since they can only move 1 space.

• @Gravy:

On allies turn, the US attacks my 2 Jap carrier3 with 4 fighters in Western australia.  My one carrier takes a hit so I cannot land its 2 fighters on it.  Since I own Java which is one space away, could the 2 fighters land on Java?

Ok, your carriers and planes are in SZ 56.  To get to Java they would have to move to SZ 42, then to Java, which would be 2 moves.  They can only move 1, so they could land on Western australia if you owned it, but not Java.

• @Gravy:

You phrased your question funny, so I’m addressing a number of possible points:

The planes cannot leave the battle and head for Java until the attacker chooses to retreat or the battle is over.

Java is a different seazone than your carriers.  Your planes have one move space, which means they can cross one border (sea zone to sea zone, island to sea zone, land to land or land to seazone) and if they’re not in a legal landing spot they’re lost.  Your fighters can only get to the adjacent Seazone that Java is in.  And then they run out of gas.  Within sight of your airfield.  Splash.  So sad.

You are not required to take the fighters as hits first.  You can have the carrier take a hit, but it does mean that you’re losing two planes by hook or by crook.  If the US chose to retreat at that point, you would lose two planes as they cannot land anywhere.

• I get it now…thanks for the help gentlemen.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m