• I’m wondering if any of you out there have been playing the bigmap 1942 version of A&A found on triplea_0_8_2_1.

It’s extremely fun, and endlessly variable. It combines A&A Europe and A&A Pacific to make a (IMHO) much better campaign style game. The naval costs have been reduced, and economy heightened, as well as dividing the board up into more territories and including neutrals. China is included as well.

It’s currently dominating my A&A thought as there are many, many more choices that can be made strategically.

Any other players? And if so, what strats do you employ generally?

• Ok, I guess not. Believe me, if you ever find it and try it, you’ll like it.

• I’ve played it, only with the AI being the allies. Very nice board, just the AI was not very challenging. Biggest thing I saw was Germany and Russia have a huge slugfest that can teeter either way. Still has the same problem as A&A revised, America can just ignore Japan and throw everything at Germany.

Iken :mrgreen:

• I got my butt kicked against a good player when I did that- the Pacific is much more integral in this version. Japan becomes a monster if they’re unchecked.

Thanks for posting.

• 88 you are right Bigmap 1942 is the best balanced A&A game out there. It is even better than the original. There is know reason for anyone to play any other A&A game.
    right now I am working on turning this into a board game. I do not who designed this game, but they are a genius.

• A friend of mine just got me to get the TripleA game yesterday, so I have tried out a few of them now. Let me just say first that I am not a big fan of the online computer games like this, they all seem to blow (I didnt like Risk or Axis and Allies computer versions), but I downloaded this and I actually found it to be quite enjoyable. A nice way to get in a game or two during the week (my gaming group only meets every other weekend), I tried out the standard map and it was nice, not too hard, but not too easy… I tried out the Big Map you are talking about and it looks like it is going to be a lot of fun to get a nice ongoing game in there… I also tried the Four if By Sea version, I was the Russians and started in Cuba… I dont know if it was just the randomness of the game I played, or what, but it was very easy, I spent about 45 minutes and ended it because I had just about taken over the entire world, it wasn’t fun… I see there are a lot of other scenarios and I will try those out soon, but overall, I did enjoy it!

Derek…

• The AI sucks – Derek, you should play by e-mail with others if you don’t already.

Emperor- You’re right- no other version compares in scope once you try it. Again, what I love about it is that it is extremely variable, and there aren’t 14000 posts explaining how to play it the right way.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m