• I am playing a test game against myself just to get a hang of the game. My strategy for the Axis is to attack Russia with both Germany and Japan. My strategy for the Allies is to turtle British and have the US invade Japan (yes, i know this is silly).

Russia fell quite easily. Germany has full control of all of Europe, Africa and Asia (minus Manchuria which is controlled by the British) and is currently earning 24 IPC. The British control the Australian islands.

At this point, Japan and USA are fighting in the Pacific over Japan and the Germans and the British are fighting it out over the U.K… Despite having full control of most of the map, Germany can’t seem to gather enough strength to invade the U.K… The Brits have 14 infantry, 4 fighters, 3 tanks, and 1 bomber (located in the U.K). The Germans have 16 infantry, 2 fighters, 3 tanks, and 1 bomber (located in Germany). Neither Germany nor British have any transports.

The British would score 9 hits in the first round of “average” combat, so that means i need to have at least 9 infantry to suck up those hits which means i need to have at least 5 transports built. So that means, i need to spend at least 7 * 5 = 35 IPCS on transports. Additionally, i will have on average roughly 9 * 3 = 27 IPCS of infantry die on the first round of combat. On average, i expect the Germans to score roughly 5 hits on the first round of combat.

27 IPCs vs 15 IPCs is a bad trade so my question is how should the Germans proceed with their strategy? Even if i take control of Australia, I don’t know if i will be making up enough IPCs each turn to justify it. The British turtle is getting bigger each round, and it will soon be un-stoppable if it isn’t already.

Thoughts?

• In my experience attacking the UK is an expensive and risky endeavor in any version of the game, but if you’ve eliminated Russia than Germany should have a pretty big economic advantage.

My advice would be to build warships and transports in Europe while helping Japan to eliminate remaining British territories in Africa/Asia. Eventually you’ll have a large enough economic disparity that you can attack the UK directly. How much support is the US sending to Europe?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m