An introduction and a question about Strat. bombing

• Thanks for supplying with your math Axel Allie, I agree with you 100% in terms of what and and when to use the bomber.
    I love to have the averages backing up on every move I consider, and as far as this game and nearly every other strategy game i know goes, its all based on cost and efficiency.

Great with the calc on the use of bombers in combat to back up the statement, this also makes for more strafe attacks instead of bombardment.

Regards,
    -Daniel Malus

• USA 1 and USA 2 together is good for a built of 5 bombers, together with the one you have to begin with is 6 bombers to attack in USA 3! that’s an average of 17,5 IPC’s to drain from G in round 4…
    it’s not the best way to get USA in the action, I think, but it’s a way to go…

Well on USA 3 you could only attack with the 2 bombers you built on USA 1, because they are in London. Your USA 2 bombers can’t even attack Western Europe from Eastern US.

If you can use them in combat in any way, they are far more better!

Well yes, but since you can build fighters, you’d rather build fighters because they are even better. 3 fighters will inflict slightly more damage than 2 bombers per combat round (equal costs), offer more fodder, and infinitely better defense.

• @trihero:

USA 1 and USA 2 together is good for a built of 5 bombers, together with the one you have to begin with is 6 bombers to attack in USA 3! that’s an average of 17,5 IPC’s to drain from G in round 4…
    it’s not the best way to get USA in the action, I think, but it’s a way to go…

Well on USA 3 you could only attack with the 2 bombers you built on USA 1, because they are in London. Your USA 2 bombers can’t even attack Western Europe from Eastern US.

My sentence wasn’t formulated as good as it should have been…
    @Axel:

… is 6 bombers to attack in USA 3! that’s an average of 17,5 IPC’s to drain from G in round 4…

better was:
    … is 6 bombers to attack after USA 3! that’s an average of 17,5 IPC’s to drain from G in round 4…
    (notice that I mention the loss of IPC’s for G in USA 4)

@trihero:

If you can use them in combat in any way, they are far more better!

Well yes, but since you can build fighters, you’d rather build fighters because they are even better. 3 fighters will inflict slightly more damage than 2 bombers per combat round (equal costs), offer more fodder, and infinitely better defense.

fighters are indeed better!
    I didn’t state that building bombers was the best thing to do!

I did the suggested calc to clearify the math…

the only way you should build bombers is when you need a longer range than figs and certainly when you work with weapon developments (double SB is worth it)
    we never play with weapon developments 'cause it increases the luck factor a lot and the double SB is much to effective and harsh…

• At no point does bombing become any less useful than it originally was in the real world (well, untill the entire territory is destroyed).  Tournament rules do make for a better game, but they destroy my machine-like play, so I don’t like them.  You people out there should get them.  Anybody have a link?  Let me look for one….  Found one: http://daak.de/regeln/eng/lhtr.pdf

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m