• @trihero:

Whoops I’m sorry, I was looking at the revised map not the old one. The panama canal is directly connected to the Eastern US in revised so it’s extremely easy to deflate this strategy in revised.

Damn you are right!  Now if THAT is not a goofy map change!  LOL  Panama connected to Eastern US…  That is as much of a screw up as Western Canada bordering the Atlantic Ocean in Classic.

• Any strategy with begins with consolodate is inferior as it wastes an entire turn.

• You have to reply with a little more substance than that limited. I think that ncswitch has shown a plausible alternate strategy. What you are I think missing is that the japan navy is not “missing” anything. They are optimizing their mainland landing by consolidating in the japan seas. They don’t even need to consolidate as it were, they could always send a BB and transports up to SFE as well.

• Also, these alternate strategies are in direct response to specific opening moves by other nations and were posted as a way to “try something new” that also had the unique component of being so crazy as to be viable :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m