Anti-KGF Policy. What should the Axis do?

• The question says it all. Give strategies / build orders / province targets for both of the axis nations.

• invade britain turn 2……that’ll stop it 8-)

• 2007 AAR League

Well, it depends on dozens of things but, anyway…:

Turn1: Build 12 inf, 1 rtl , attack EGY, and create a deadzone vs Russia. Defend WEU with your airforce and 3 inf, 1 arm. Move out of NWY (any troops there will be killed by GBR).

Turn 2-X: Start moving your 12 inf- stack vs Russia. Now build Arms, to ship east, and any inf/rtl-combos you need to defend WEU/GER. Fighters should only be bought if absolutely necessary…

Reinforce Africa with two inf every turn, until your Med fleet is sunk. Your 12-inf stack will be able to attack CAU on turn 4 and Russia on Turn 5.

Good hunting!

• 2007 AAR League

build an AC in Med. The allied navy is strong, but cannot attack since tehy all go on different turns and then go for africa. create a deadlock on russia.
    As for japan, rush for russia and keep your navy close to the Us soil with a trn or two. that will cause teh us to worry about jpn and therefore disengage in europe.

• I say attack India and Australia as quickly as possible with Japan, using your airforce to advance.

• or maybe….Invade Alaska!
    which will actually do something. :-o

• I think that attacking India and Australia is a better bet than invading Alaska, Japan has only 8 industrial capacity.

• Inavading Alaska is pointless. Although it is usually undefended, it can be repulsed in 2 turns with minimal effort. Invading Australia is also pointless I think. You get 2 ic for an island that can be taken by the U.S. fairly easily.

• It’s KGF, yo, you should be able to defeat the US navy and get the 2 IC  + 1 from NZ, which adds up. (1 inf per turn)

• @Afrika:

It’s KGF, yo, you should be able to defeat the US navy and get the 2 IC  + 1 from NZ, which adds up. (1 inf per turn)

I’d choose NZ before Australia.  Take NZ, fake an Australian assault the next turn and actually hit Mexico (your navy can make it).  That way, you can hold the Panama canal and send the Japanese fleet to the Atlantic.  I distracted the US for many rounds this way - they never sent anything towards Germany.

• That idea is intriguing, but wouldn’t it be easy for the U.S. cut off your fleet in the Atlantic. Then you’d have to go all the way around Africa or be destroyed.

• @Deutschland_Pwns:

That idea is intriguing, but wouldn’t it be easy for the U.S. cut off your fleet in the Atlantic. Then you’d have to go all the way around Africa or be destroyed.

It depends on what you can afford.  Usually I have the two battleships, the AC, and a couple of fighters available (plus trannies and their load), so I’ll keep them massed - but it will depend.  The more you send, the more US resources are used to stop you.  So, I have this navy distract the US, keeping them out of Africa and Europe, which tends to balance the field, all the while whittling territories from them.  Then I try and meet up with the Germans somewhere and hold Africa, or defend the Mediterranean or Atlantic coast. 
    By that time, I’m deeper into Russia and can afford to drop a ship or two and build another Navy.
    If I had the choice, I wouldn’t take the time to move around Africa, I’d fight on.  But that’s Japanese strategy…

• @Jermofoot:

I’d choose NZ before Australia.  Take NZ, fake an Australian assault the next turn and actually hit Mexico (your navy can make it).Â

How?

• @Afrika:

How?

How do you fake an assault?  Merely by residing in the waterway (after taking NZ) next to Australia.  UK (and assumably, the other Allies) will think you’ll take it the next turn.  Maybe even shuffle some forces (such as another ship) towards Australia - landing a fighter in the East Indies could get the point across.

Taking Mexico is easy.  If you are in the water contained by the NZ area markers, you move your ships two spaces into the waterway next to Mexico, and take it.  There’s usually no forces to defend it.  The next turn, you take Panama, which will allow movements of your ships into the Atlantic in an additional turn.  If you don’t believe me, look at the board.

http://www.angelfire.com/games/silex/maps/mapscan.html

• I think you’re thinking of Axis and Allies, non-revised.

• 2007 AAR League

yups, mexico cannot be taken… unless u can develop supersonic jets and flying Ships.

• :oops:  Oops, my bad.  :oops:
    Definitely was not thinking in revised.  Sorry for wasting your time - but use the strategy in the unrevised version is you get a chance.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m