• Hello, I have a few questions about the Jeep’s ‘Transport’ special ability.

Transport - This unit can carry one Soldier (a friendly Soldier can board or dismount this unit instead of moving during your movement phase)

Now, can the anti-tank gun (Soldier unit) board the jeep, even tho it doesn’t have any movement points (Speed) during the movement phase?

Can a Soldier board and dismount a jeep in the same movement phase?
    If not : If the jeep is destroyed with a Soldier in it, is the Soldier dead too?

Thanks

• You can’t board AT gun…

No, not even in the attack phase, as only in the movement phase you can board a transport vehicule, and anyway, relocate doesn’t give a speed to the unit…

For the soldier, he can’t board and dismount in the same movement phase. And since you can’t dismount or board in the attack phase, you have to wait for next turn (there is a unit in set II that can dismount in the same turn…)

And for last, if a vehicle is destroyed, all unit on board are destroyed also…

martin!

• @mbeware:

You can’t board AT gun…

Actually there is nothing in the rulebook that I know of that prevents an AT Gun from boarding any vehicle with Transport. It IS considered a ‘Soldier’ on the card and therefore can be in affect ‘towed’ using the Transport ability of the vehicle.

• @fieldmarshal:

@mbeware:

You can’t board AT gun…

Actually there is nothing in the rulebook that I know of that prevents an AT Gun from boarding any vehicle with Transport. It IS considered a ‘Soldier’ on the card and therefore can be in affect ‘towed’ using the Transport ability of the vehicle.

i agree!!! but like i said in my other post about this, in the Sd Kfz 251, the anti tank “solider” should not be allowed to fire while in transport mode.

• @fieldmarshal:

@mbeware:

You can’t board AT gun…

Read the full rules for transporting on page 31 of the rulebook.  You cannot tow infantry with the subtype artillery, sorry.

• doh! i missed that info on page 31.  thanks!!  (sorry to have asked here :P )

but i do have one more question.  i had an instance yesterday where a tiger I  moved into (through, actually) a zone which had a jeep with a bazooka guy on it.  i understand that the bazooka cannot shoot defensive fire on the tiger, but rather, can the tiger disrupt the bazooka guy who is on the jeep?

also, since i’m on the subject, when the tiger disrupts a solder, is it a face up or face down disrupted marker?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m