• @88:

3 Inf/ 3 Arm is nice if you plan on taking out the Ukraine. That’s a nice move as you kill a German Ftr which makes some of their opening moves a little more dicey. Russian tanks NEED to be replaced, or you’re in trouble.

-Absolutely, and I almost always take the Ukraine(unless 4 or more units are bid there)…so this follows my reasoning…

• But seriously,FW190F…I’m glad you accepted my challenge…many say they will play me, and don’t follow through with it…you are brave to try out LL and face me at the same time :wink:

• I like to try different things. In my mind the best bid for Germany is in Africa but it quickly gets boring.

I looked at your previous game this morning (after playing my Germany move :( ) and notice that you seems to be using that opening most of the time. I am expecting a Kill Germany first now (again looking at your other game.)

I am going for a all or nothing strategy now, I never tried it, we will see what it gives.

But I don’t give up until the end. I am currently giving Balailaka a hard time with a bid of 1 trn in the baltic. (this was the worst bid I ever done) Especially that I didn’t follow up with an AC after.

And I like to play this game, you might defeat me, but in the end I will be the real winner since I will be the one learning the most out of this game. :)

• Should be? Really? Why don’t you go to FoE and check some of my games…I’o? ve yet to lose a game of Revised…Do you play with a group of friends at home? Where do you get this infGermany has a much greater ability to trade than Russia does(5-6 fighters+bomber)…why would you waste money on a fighter when to “out-trade” Germany you will need about 4 more fighters? This game isn’t all about trading…If you trade 3 countries a turn as Russia, that means ~6 infantry per turn is wasted on trades…Germany out produces Russia by a lot, and when Russia wastes it’s time trading every country it can…Germany will grow stronger, especially when Russia wastes it’s money on a fighter…that only adds to the problem…

Possibly, did you ever had to deal with it or you just assume. I see some good in it in a KGF strategy against a German player building tons of infantry and expecting you to play that game (That’s when I used the strategy)

• Mr.G- I think this is the case you could make for a Ftr/Arm/3 Inf on R1. A Ftr is the same price as the two Arm you’d normally purchase. You’re losing 3 pips on offense, 2 pips on defense, and 1 casualty. But you’re gaining a unit that doesn’t get exposed to destruction when used, and has great range for the rest of the game. It can also provide spot duty to help defend other allied locations.

I personally never buy one unless I’m playing a newbie, because I think the armor is a better all around purchase, but I think as the game goes on you’ll be happy to have the extra fighter. More than one fighter purchase should be exploited by a competent allied player, however.

• I just checked my game and I actually won it.

I went with a KGF strategy bought 1 ftr first round. My opponent probably thinking it was a bad move decided to build an AC in the baltic for Germany. That’s probably why I bought a second one. I already had played a game against him as the Allied and knew he was playing a game of exchanging Inf.

Russia 4 my opponent surrendered.

I don’t think Germany should buy an AC for the baltic but that’s an entire different story.

• @88:

I personally never buy one unless I’m playing a newbie, because I think the armor is a better all around purchase

-OK…so you agree. Good…

• Ok so hold everything, when German has Karelia/Belorussia/Ukraine - and if yer playing Russia you just let them have that extra 7ipcs ? Maybe your right, that is the way to go, i dunno, i play my way and it works pretty good.

Ive got the tripleA game of revised, wanna have a game by email ? The worst that can happen is I lose, but learn a lot - Im up for that >;}

PS: FoE ??

• My favorite first round buy for Russia is 2 Inf. 2 Arty. 2 Armor. this packs a powerful punch, and a good defense. theres also enough to keep russia alive from the swarms of Germans.

• @marine36:

My favorite first round buy for Russia is 2 Inf. 2 Arty. 2 Armor. this packs a powerful punch, and a good defense. theres also enough to keep russia alive from the swarms of Germans.

I think artillery buys with Russia are a waste of money….Russia needs tanks more than anything…Russia has to have a flexible front(one which could shift at any moment) with tanks(which move 2 spaces) Russia can shift it’s attack quickly, with artillery your attack power doesn’t threaten as many spaces…but tanks stacked in WRus are in very good position to counter attack(against Japan or Germany)

• @ShredZ:

Ok so hold everything, when German has Karelia/Belorussia/Ukraine - and if yer playing Russia you just let them have that extra 7ipcs ?

-I never let the Germans hold Ukr…Karelia must be given up…it is almost impossible to retake if the Germans aren’t foolish enough to build navy…I let the Germans keep Belorussia…that country isn’t in really good position for either side…

• I dont know who vote for the 8 inf buy, but I think it is not good at all to only buy that. You get no conter-offensive power with those infantry.

I prefer buying one figher in the first round, and 2 inf and 2 art.

I usually send one of my fighter to the East, to help defend india in the first round(s) and to give an offensive power to the grunts i’ve moved to the japanese front. Sooner of later, after the us and Uk are strong enough against Japan, my fighter come back against germany. Having 3 figthers give you the opportunity to trade country with germany without letting him the chance of destroying to much troops.

You can stack a better army behing your line.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m