• @ctm:

@cystic:

and ctm - i missed the “you forgot poland” reference - is this simply from Bush correcting Kerry with regards to his “coalition of the bullied/blackmailed/bribed”?

Yep, pretty much :wink:

It was just that he figured he had such a good point with “You forgot Poland!”, and people are finding it pretty funny.

What’s his name… Jon Stewart - from ‘Daily Show With Jon Stewart’ on the comedy network in Canada - has used it a few times in his show by now.

(on Bush’s quote) “Australia was in the coalition, okay, and then… Poland?? Now, you know you’re in trouble when your number two country is Poland.”

hahahaha!!!
    i have to admit - Jon Stewart is one of the few shows i watch with any regularity whatsoever.
    I makes fun of both candidates effectively, but the funniest thing is that all he has to do to make fun of Bush is to simply run clips of him and rub his eyes with his hands.

• @cystic:

hahahaha!!!
    i have to admit - Jon Stewart is one of the few shows i watch with any regularity whatsoever.
    I makes fun of both candidates effectively, but the funniest thing is that all he has to do to make fun of Bush is to simply run clips of him and rub his eyes with his hands.

ahahahaha, I hear ya :lol: Looking forward to his show on the second debate :)

• looks to me like Bush did a much better job, im gonna have to say the debate was a draw.

• @marine36:

looks to me like Bush did a much better job, im gonna have to say the debate was a draw.

ummm . . . (this is me being diplomatic) you are not quite the most objective person around when it comes to Bush.
    Does this mean that you have become more objective and it was a legitimate draw? Or did Bush just crash and burn SOOOO badly that even you had to concede that it was just “a draw” rather than the crashing success that you’d have hoped for? :P

• '19 Moderator

The debate tomorrow is about a mile from where I work. I tried to get a ticket but I don’t have important enough friends :(

I may go to one of the rallies afterward. Bush is going to the bank one ballpark which is about 4 miles from my house. I could go to the Kerry rally it’s close to work. then I could yell stuff like “Give it up, you suck!” :evil: :P

• CC, if you think it wasnt a draw, you are very ill. Have you tested your well lately? or are you a city boy? Im not a die hard Bush supporter, i like the way he is managing the country, so he gets my vote. DF two words, DO IT! :)

• Dzrt,
    The differance is you will be allowed to go to a Kerry rally and protest. Try it at a Bush rally. ;)

• i dont see the problem with not allowing people to protest at a rally. it is YOUR event, and YOU are talking to YOUR supporters, or people who may choose to support you. protestors have no business being there. if the candidate wants to allow them, hes stupid for weakening himself in that way. he shouldnt be criticized for trying to keep opponents supporters out of a rally to support him. thats common sense.

• Except for a couple points Brother. #1 it’s the law. If the money comes from government funds you can’t “legally” keep people out. If the money comes from party funds they can. #2 Arn’t you the guy who wants debate? ;) Who does it help to silience the opposition? Do we get a better government?

• @Lizardbaby:

Except for a couple points Brother. #1 it’s the law. If the money comes from government funds you can’t “legally” keep people out. If the money comes from party funds they can. #2 Arn’t you the guy who wants debate? ;) Who does it help to silience the opposition? Do we get a better government?

I concur. I could care less if a bunch of polo shirt wearing, conservative, needle-butt crackers wanted to scream out opposition at some Kerry rally. Let em. It’s their god given right.

• '19 Moderator

@stuka:

I concur. I could care less if a bunch of polo shirt wearing, conservative, needle-butt crackers wanted to scream out opposition at some Kerry rally. Let em. It’s their god given right.

What’s a “needle-butt”, I am trying to decide if I’m offended. :wink:

I’m ok with Polo shirt wearing cracker, I just need to know what a needle-butt is so I can decide if I am one. :D

• needle butt??

• Needle-butt- like a stiff. A person who is a tight a$$. A needle butt is like a facist. You see most of them in suburban America. That’s one of reasons why I found refuge with the rest of the freaks in the metropolitan area. No too many needle butts there. 8) :wink:

• @Lizardbaby:

Dzrt,
    The differance is you will be allowed to go to a Kerry rally and protest. Try it at a Bush rally. ;)

oh who cares.
    the consititution is a rag that we apply when it’s convenient.
    no?

• there is no “we” cc, you arent american

#1 it’s the law. If the money comes from government funds you can’t “legally” keep people out.

ok, if thats true, than when its government funds, it shouldnt happen. did these happen at rallys paid for by govt funds or party funds?

#2 Arn’t you the guy who wants debate?

random idiots shouting obscenities and disrupting a rally doesnt constitute a debate. :wink: (i know thats not what happened in the examples). simply wearing a button may be a bit extreme, but think about it. you are promoting an image. its all marketing. why allow the opponent to get any free publicity at your rally? its common sense.

Who does it help to silience the opposition?

it helps you. and its not silencing the opposition, kerry is the opposition, not his supporters. unless he is hiring them to go into a bush rally wearing the button, hes just some random guy that gives the enemy free publicity. take him out.

Do we get a better government?

whether or not you can wear opposition propaganda to a bush rally has no impact on the quality of government.

• @Janus1:

there is no “we” cc, you arent american

Don’t worry CC. All Canadians are Americans incognito to me :wink:

• '19 Moderator

@stuka:

Needle-butt- like a stiff. A person who is a tight a$$. A needle butt is like a facist. You see most of them in suburban America. That’s one of reasons why I found refuge with the rest of the freaks in the metropolitan area. No too many needle butts there. 8) :wink:

Well I guess I’m offended then, I live, believe it or not, right in the middle of the 5th largest city in the US. As it happens it is a concervative republican dominated city though. :P

Then again I guess I do have a tight ass. I was going to take that further, but who will police the police? :evil: :P :o

• '19 Moderator

@Janus1:

there is no “we” cc, you arent american

Got you there bud :D

I decided to not go to either rally instead I watched them both. The funny thing is Kerry made crappy comments about the President, and the President simply said, You guys know what’s right lets get it done.

Go figure…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m