• @MuthaRussia:

In that case, I am a complete bum!

Tell us something new :D ;) :)

and of course:
    every sperm is sacred :)

• What! :o You have a lot of posts, and you tell us about how many you have often. :lol: But its good you keep us so well informed. Is there going to be a MuthaRussia 2000 post party someday?

• you may also be referring to myself, yanny and dasewokss (AKA NatFedMike) who posted here awhile ago. we all go to the same school, and we are all seniors.

• You and Yanny in highschool Janus. :o That I wouldn’t have guessed. I was actually inquiring about Mutha’s group.

we all go to the same school, and we are all seniors.

You know what that line in the movie dazed and confused it “No matter how old I get they just stay the same.” In case you haven’t seen it its a movie about a bunch of high school seniors having the typical or atypical kind of high school fun that seniors have. God I miss it. In college you actually have to care about school.

• i disagree. not having firsthand knowledge of course, but secondhand from my sister and friends in college, it is much more carefree than highschool. perhaps this is a testament to the college they attend vs. our highschool (allegedly one of the best in the nation) or perhaps to them. either way, the only reason im not looking forward to getting out of here and into college is that i will miss my friends, my girlfriend, and this place that i live.

but perhaps senior year will be much more carefree after i mail my college apps….

• i disagree. not having firsthand knowledge of course, but secondhand from my sister and friends in college, it is much more carefree than highschool. perhaps this is a testament to the college they attend vs. our highschool (allegedly one of the best in the nation) or perhaps to them. either way, the only reason im not looking forward to getting out of here and into college is that i will miss my friends, my girlfriend, and this place that i live.

Uh no I understand your point of view I shared it when I was in high school. Once you graduate high school though everything changes, and my best advice would be enjoy it now, but you seem like the type that would already know that. College is not hard just because of the academics, but because of all the other things that happen to someone at that point in there life.

• no i do understand that agent smith, im referring to the academics. from what i hear from friends and siblings who also went to this school, college is a joke compared with high school.

• '19 Moderator

@Janus1:

you may also be referring to myself, yanny and dasewokss (AKA NatFedMike) who posted here awhile ago. we all go to the same school, and we are all seniors.

Wow, how time flys. I remember being a bit hesitant to offer yanny a face to face game when he thought he might be coming to AZ since he was so young. Little Yanny’s all grown up!

• from what i hear from friends and siblings who also went to this school, college is a joke compared with high school.

I don’t know about that college is what you make of it. If you choose to take easy classes then yes, but unlike in high school where you don’t really have a choice in college you do. What’s more did your friend take upper level classes or are they still at the survey level? Most freshman might think the intro/survey courses are easy because they are meant to be. Really these classes are designed to only be hard enough to weed out those who don’t belong. Once you get into a major and have to take the more advanced courses it does get harder, and that says nothing about graduate level courses. I would say college isn’t easier than high school merely for the fact that in high school I did next to nothing and still got mostly A’s. In college I do have to study.

• i dont know, like i said, it could be a reflection on our high school vs. what college they go to. for example, my sister goes to GW, in honors courses, finds it easy as cake. im sure i will have to do plenty of work in college, but the lifestyle (more freedom in your schedule, rather than such a rigidly structured school week) is more suitable to me, i think i would thrive in such a situation, and indeed have a more carefree life. we shall see in time

• You will see in time…college is VERY demanding time wise(eg. 3 1/2 hr. classes). You may have more freedom, unlike highschool. I am a freshman in college, but I only go to school two days during the week. But I’m in school from 8:30 AM - 5:30PM, and not to mention the loads of assignments that tag along. And the weeks fly by at an astronomical rate!!! Before you know it, a whole semester is over!
    So, here’s a tip: as soon as you get your assignments, do them and don’t put them off. And from here I will say farewell, no more posts for me 'till Christmas vacation! Tschuss(ooo, that was way too informal for here! :lol: )! ~~Dru

• I attened Delbarton School, a very demanding High School (you have to put in several hours of work a night, at minimum), and from the testimony of all the kids who come back from their college to visit, college, acadmeically, is this: You will have less homework than you did at Delbarton, or the same homework but more time to do it. However, it is simply harder to get good grades. You will, on average, receive about a half a grade lower on each subject. So if you got A’s in high School, you would get B+'s in College. Obviously its not always like this, but thats the average impression.

Janus, your posts about having a freer schedule and more choices make me laugh, however. Didnt you say you were applying to Westpoint? You know, Military School? You certainly wont have that flexible of a schedule if you go their, so i wouldnt expect that radical of a change. Except, you know, the classes that teach you how to kill people effectively.

Also, what highschool do you go to? Delbarton prides itself as the best in New Jersy, and one of the top highschool’s in the country, so im curious as to what your “best highschool” is 8) .

• You will see in time…college is VERY demanding time wise(eg. 3 1/2 hr. classes)… And the weeks fly by at an astronomical rate!!! Before you know it, a whole semester is over!

Yes exactly TT hit it right on the head. It’s good that you went to a good high school, so did I, and that will give you an edge in College. But you should hopefully realize by now that only the cream goes to college, and there will be at least 2-3 yous in every class. Unlike in highschool where there was 1. Plus, and its unfortunate but true, college like life is not always fair. My first semester I was shocked to realize that when Grad students take undergrad courses they almost always get an A, and in a class graded on a curve that leaves very few for the rest of the students. In otherwords college is very competitive.

• Janus, your posts about having a freer schedule and more choices make me laugh, however. Didnt you say you were applying to Westpoint? You know, Military School? You certainly wont have that flexible of a schedule if you go their, so i wouldnt expect that radical of a change. Except, you know, the classes that teach you how to kill people effectively.

no shit, i am applying there. i fully understand how it is different from a regular college, i am not only applying there. dont insult me like this

Also, what highschool do you go to? Delbarton prides itself as the best in New Jersy, and one of the top highschool’s in the country, so im curious as to what your “best highschool” is .

first, i never said it was the best, i said allegedly. they say we are like number 12 or something in the state, and pretty high overall in the country. i dont know or care how they determine these rankings, like i said “allegedly”. i do know that my guidance counselors consistently give us material saying how students from our school have an edge over the majority of the country in getting into college, simply because of what high school we are in, and i have friends in other schools who are up to a year behind me material wise, though we are both seniors, and take the highest level courses offered. does this mean anything? who knows? and i dont really care. i attend Ramsey High School, its a public school.

also, i love how you basically tell me my friends’ college experiences are basically wrong, because its actually hard, or long, or blah blah blah… they are different from you. different people, situations, backgrounds, and circumstances. dont presume to tell me you know what college will be like for me, because of how it was for you, thats arrogant, self-centered, and narrow-minded. that was YOUR experience, what i describe was the experience of MY friends, mine will probably be similar to one or the other, or maybe it will be completely different. if i go to west point, of course, it will be. jtdc

• Boy, this toic got off subject fast.
    @MuthaRussia:

1)If you vote for Kerry, you are OKing abortion, therefore, you will go to hell…

Are you kidding??? It actually said, “…you will go to hell…!”
    @MuthaRussia:

2)Kerry put his own soldiers in Vietnam in to trouble, worrying about himself. First of all, Bush didn’t even fight in a war. At least Kerry had the guts to go to Vietnam and risk getting malaria, and getting shot.

You mean risk shooting himself!! :D
    @MuthaRussia:

3)Kerry is trying to get rid of our military, and he wants to leave Iraq.
    What the hell does this mean? I have heard him say several tiimes, he isn’t going to leave Iraq, he is just going to fight the war on terror differently.

He has actually said, “I will get us out of Iraq in…6 months…1 year…2 years…3 years.” Y es, all the aforementioned in the last 3 months.
    @MuthaRussia:

4)Kerry wants to raise gas prices. So? Raising gas prices can be helpful, it helps lower taxes!

He would raise gas prices by raising the tax on gas.
    That is not lower taxes.
    @MuthaRussia:

Why can’t we have a set of candidates like Douglas and Lincoln again?

Every election has it’s dirty points. There are some books on the subject that would burn your retinas out.

@Age:

, being a moderate I’d like both parties to be more in the middle.

AS, name three great moderates and give supporting evidence for your nominees.

I’ve never had anyone give me a satisfactory answer to that request.

@LJ:

Think for
    yourself.
    Don’t vote.

• @Janus1:

you may also be referring to myself, yanny and dasewokss (AKA NatFedMike) who posted here awhile ago. we all go to the same school, and we are all seniors.

Your group was more mature too, most of the people I got to join from my old school were complete jackasses! :-? :roll:

• AS, name three great moderates and give supporting evidence for your nominees.

I think I did before and you never said anything back. But I’m curious are you saying that not compromising is a good thing? How come the conservative right is at war with both Liberals and moderates that is why everybody that doesn’t think as they do. And what’s more doesn’t this in itself suggest that they are the extremists as their thinking is everybody else is wrong eventhough we are the minority.

• Janus going to westpoint!!!

• what the heck is your last post trying to say?

• no sh*t, i am applying there. i fully understand how it is different from a regular college, i am not only applying there. dont insult me like this

Seriosuly, calm down, Im just jokin around, and I am not insulting you. Im just saying that if you do go their, this arguement is essentially null and viod, so if you get in, it doesnt matter.

also, i love how you basically tell me my friends’ college experiences are basically wrong, because its actually hard, or long, or blah blah blah… they are different from you. different people, situations, backgrounds, and circumstances. dont presume to tell me you know what college will be like for me, because of how it was for you, thats arrogant, self-centered, and narrow-minded. that was YOUR experience, what i describe was the experience of MY friends, mine will probably be similar to one or the other, or maybe it will be completely different. if i go to west point, of course, it will be. jtdc

Um… i never really said that at all. I said what the people at my shcool said about college. I dont think i even mentioned your experiences at all, just giving the testimony form the people i know, so you can look at multiple testimonies when deciding what you think college is like. I never even came close to saying your opinion of what normal college life is like is wrong, since everything after the colon was a quote form someone else, roughly.

first, i never said it was the best, i said allegedly. they say we are like number 12 or something in the state, and pretty high overall in the country. i dont know or care how they determine these rankings, like i said “allegedly”. i do know that my guidance counselors consistently give us material saying how students from our school have an edge over the majority of the country in getting into college, simply because of what high school we are in, and i have friends in other schools who are up to a year behind me material wise, though we are both seniors, and take the highest level courses offered. does this mean anything? who knows? and i dont really care. i attend Ramsey High School, its a public school.

The standard normally used to measure school’s quality is a combination of SAT scores, AP tests. and college acceptances (i dont know what ranking they use for each school, but i think they use the Princeton rankings), as well as other factoirs such as drug use and violence. At least this is the standard used in New Jersey. I know you dont care, but, if anyone else does, there ya go. This generally doesnt have as much to do with the shcool istelf as with the kids going their, but the teachers and administration do help. Dlebarton wouldnt be half the school it is if it was public. Most of the public schools in near me are pretty bad (lots of drugs and poor teachers), according to my friends who go their, so your lucky you have an effective public schools system. Beats paying 20,000 dollars a year :-? .

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m