• Ok, now whats your position on this article? someone please have a good first post to start this up.

http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2664

• someone please have a good first post to start this up.

Too bad, I’m going to do it anyway. :P

It just goes to prove what everybody already knew: you can find anything via the internet if you look. I’m kind of surprised nobody had an already completed Tomahawk for sale. Presumably he also was able to build a launcher, but does it have a warhead on it?

• It might come in handy sometime.

• Well- this isn’t too suprising. Dr. Goddard wrote the book on 20th century rocketry without the internet. I’m suprised it hadn’t happened sooner

• For some reason I am skeptical about it’s effectiveness. I mean, c’mon, a freakin’ cruise missile? How do we know it’s not just a shitload of metal wrapped around some dynatmite or C-4? In any event, this guys pretty nuts. :P

• yea, im inclined to think he just made some kind of metal tube filled with explosive. a cruis missile is a sophisticated piece of technology. even if he could make something with a comparable warhead, wouldnt it have to have the sophisticated targeting and computer systems to go along with it, to make it a cruise missile?

• i’ve been tempted to do this from time to time.
    I mean, it seems pretty handy, especially in a scaled down format.
    “my neighbour’s an idiot” - cruise his ass
    “that guy cut me off” - “” " "
    “America is pissing me off” - “” " "
    etc.

• CC, that last one seemed pretty Anti-American, but you already said your not… explain please…

And no ive read this before… it, technology wise was about the equivelent of a tomahawk with a shortened range…

• @Darrigaaz:

CC, that last one seemed pretty Anti-American, but you already said your not… explain please…

I’m going with, it was a joke. I mean come on, think about it. Anyone who’s against owning a gun wouldn’t be for having a cruise missile now, would they?

@Grigoriy:

@Darrigaaz:

CC, that last one seemed pretty Anti-American, but you already said your not… explain please…

I’m going with, it was a joke. I mean come on, think about it. Anyone who’s against owning a gun wouldn’t be for having a cruise missile now, would they?

yeah I think this post was in Sarky mode

• @Guerrilla:

@Grigoriy:

@Darrigaaz:

yeah I think this post was in Sarky mode

rotf - lmfao
    you guys are great.
    Can’t you tell? I’m anti-abortion, anti-capital punishment, anti-gun, anti-war, anti-missle, anti-bomb, pro-life, pro-health, pro-children.

• anti-gun, anti-war, anti-missle, anti-bomb…

Well, yeah, there’s not too much need for bombs and missiles outside war, now is there?

• lol this is more humourous than the whole gun control thread.

I’m more pro choice on abortion. In fact, with the exception of anti-war, im about the exact opposite of you.

• I hate to bring this thread back on topic, but I happen to have read some about this guy. The article linked above is a bit misleading. What he is building is basically a German V1 with a modern GPS guidance system. It is a pulse jet engine strapped on the back of a gas tank, guidance system and a space made to hold about 20 kilo’s of what ever you wish. I couldn’t build one myself, but if I wanted to I would just look up the information at the library, then I could.

The guy is what you might call an eccentric backyard inventor who specializes in pulsejets. The point he was trying to make was that a terrorist could do this if they wanted to.

The problem with his concern is that, contrary to what the article above states a pulse jet rocket is not ballistic. In fact its quite slow and it would be blown out of the sky long before if reached a target within the US. Now Canada might be in trouble, that is if some one was actually interested in bombing them. The US has quite a sophisticated defence system against this type of thing.

• '19 Moderator

Forgot to log on, that was me.
    <–-------------------

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m