Any opinions on AL Chief Justice Roy Moore's stance…

• Anyways, upon reviewing the case. The judge should step down.

• i think the whole situation is ridiculous.
    i don’t know the judge at all, but it seems to me that through many years of hard work, he’s obtained a position of some standing. This lifetime of work should be destroyed because of his desire to express himself “religiously”? What if he wanted to express himself over another issue - would it then be necesary to discard him then as well?
    For those who are so taken up with the idea of separation of church and state - the concept exists so it is necessary to apply it across the board?
    As for the corcavado in Sao Paulo - what good would removing this spectacular statue do Brazil? Would it erase the religious underpinnings of the country? Would the history be unmade? Would the country be a more beautiful, productive, or civilized one?
    Like it or not, Canada and America was founded, built, and has grown by the efforts of the religiously Christian (and Jewish), and often driven by their religious convictions. Will you erase this by silencing all vestages of Christianity across the country? Maybe. Would it make the country greater, stronger or more productive? Well, if my people (the Mennonites) are indicators, then i’d say certainly not.

• Brazil is not America, though I do take your meaning.

• Judge Moore is not breaking any law on the books. He’s breaking what the judges are calling the “rule of law” or the judges’ ruling.

No law has, as of yet, been shown to apply.

• @El:

Judge Moore is not breaking any law on the books. He’s breaking what the judges are calling the “rule of law” or the judges’ ruling.

No law has, as of yet, been shown to apply.

we’re having this “problem” in Canada right now. Judges are creating laws as they go along, or applying it in their discretion as they see fit. Although judges typically KNOW quite well the law, and they have see its application in many circumstances, still here they are not elected but rather appointed. This begs the question - why can they get away with this when there are legislators elected to deal with this? Where are the checks and balances?
    The idea of a federal judge creating a law in Alabama i see as being problematic. I could see some Alabamite having a problem with this as well . . . just imaginea hundred angry Alabamites - in the words of Dezertfish - fighting tyrannical oppressors with all of the 18 odd thousand guns that they’ve been accumulating . . . waaaa hoooo!!!

• American Civil War II, hmmm!

'scuse me guys!
    I gotta go buy
    some aqmmo.

Woo-hoo!!

• I’d join the Confederate Nation. 8)

• If CW II did happen, the South would probably win because the great majority of the armed forces (at least that I’ve met) hail from the south, mostly from Texas. I think I’ll just wait it out. With any luck, everyone will ignore Wisconsin…hehehe. Hmmm…what if it was every state for itself?

• If CW II did happen, the South would probably win because the great majority of the armed forces (at least that I’ve met) hail from the south, mostly from Texas. I think I’ll just wait it out. With any luck, everyone will ignore Wisconsin…hehehe. Hmmm…what if it was every state for itself?

• Itd be interesting to see just how the nation broke up if it did happen again, I seriously doubt it would be South vs. North, I would suspect it would more likely be West vs. East, or have more than two factions.

• Itd be interesting to see just how the nation broke up if it did happen again, I seriously doubt it would be South vs. North, I would suspect it would more likely be West vs. East, or have more than two factions.

Most likely. Though my money is on the West (Midwest). That’s where all the nukes are… 8)

• I dunno, Itd be interesting to see. particularly with the US military forces not in the US. Where they would throw their support.

• It’s too bad we can’t leave the military out of it-maybe if the active duty was left out and all the National Guard and Reserve were left in…

• @TG:

Most likely. Though my money is on the West (Midwest). That’s where all the nukes are…

I knew there was some reason I put up with these HUMID summers. Now I remember why! :D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m