• @waraxis:

With everybody now a days going 3v1 against Germany and doing very little against Japan during the game, it gives Japan a chance to really turn the tide in the game.

so partially, because you’re not getting attacked? what happened to the challenge of being caught between Germany and Japan and trying to survive?

that’s what I like, the feeling of a desperate situation. if you’re outnumbered and still win, that’s the best kind. of course, if you don’t have good support from your ally(ies) that makes it even better. 8)

• personally, germany rules. its got a lot of $ and attack options. plus id have to agree with GI, giant border clashes are fun!! once the Germans get karelia, F/N is safe, giving you 2 staging points to attack the UK, with only one the allies can attack you before youre ready. plus there’s all that land in africa waiting to be conquered. giving the germans even more $$$ then the have at the start! (32 to begin with, the add another 9, 10 if you get madagascar too)

• Any of them, it makes no difference.

Having said that….having a terrific Russian player is vastly undervalued by most people. They are caught in the fine balancing act most of the game having to coordinate with air cover…knowing how much armour to have and pulling it out at the right time to penetrate the Jap defences and then retreat in time so it doesn’t get wasted. All those little nickel and dime attacks around the borders that add up to potential large swings. The early orderly retreat designed to hold back the Japs until Germany is bottled and the pipeline fully established.

If you ever play me as Allies/Russia …I will make Japan pay a severe price. You can forget the gang rush to Russia itself…not going to happen :) Instead I am going to wear you down and frustrate you in the first 7 turns :)

Not that it is necessarily the best to play…just the most undervalued.

• @Anonymous:

If you ever play me as Allies/Russia …I will make Japan pay a severe price. You can forget the gang rush to Russia itself…not going to happen :) Instead I am going to wear you down and frustrate you in the first 7 turns :)

Impressive…would you manage this even without help from the other allies?

• JAPAN!! JAPAN!! JAPAN!!

• Japan has the most wiggle room in the game, most strategies available to use. UK is very focused and easy to play. Russia is the most challenging (success depends a lot on dice rolls though). Germany is a power house. But USA is the most fun, because you have 100% control on who, where, and how you attack. You use every type of unit available and have no immediate threats. And If you have any threats at all it is because you played badly, your opponent(s) is(are) awesome, or your allies are getting trounced.

• Well… I guess I fall into the rest of the fold when I say Japan. :)

1. Japan (like Dhirvish said, Japan is probably the most flexable of the bunch with plenty of room to expand… given the fact that the Allies usually go Germany-first)

2. Russia (use to think Russia was one of the weaker countries to play since it was always sandwiched in between the Axis, but the more I play them, the more I respect Russian military might. Russia is the key to the Allies’ game, and what can be more fun then smashing 30+ Russian infantry against the German lines? :wink:)

3. USA (Given the fact that USA sits back and builds transports and infantry the entire game, they’re still a lot of fun to play. Very few IPC worries and a ticket to Normandy almost every game. The struggle for Africa is always fun (Patton vs. Rommel) and so is the fact that once the Conveyor Belt is set in motion, it’s a joy to watch.

4. Germany (Three words: Balls of Steel. That what it takes to play Germany. I would’ve ranked Germany higher, though the rarely do more than turtle throughout the mid-late game. Still, there’s no greater feeling of accomplishment than standing up against USA, UK, and Russia all at once. It almost makes you feel like Frederick the Great during the 7 Years. 8)

5. UK (Sorry not my country to play… go ask TM about this… :-?)

• I like being the US since I love being able to fight in the European and Pacific theater at the same time so yuo have to worry and think about alot.

• As the US, would try to focus on one Axis power at a time. However, depending on what rules your using, a strong presence in the Pacific and a minor rule in the Atlantic might be possible.

• Hey
    as long as Russia is not restricted, they’re the best because you go before Germany and you can really screw around with there plans. I like to attack east europe until it is left with a few units then I retreat and can reinforce the ukraine ssr. Otherwise be britain or japan

• Even with RR, Russia quickly becomes a powerhouse (probably second only to Japan)

• I like playing the US. Always fighting far from home, and you have the option to go east or west.

• 1. Germany (main burden of the war)

2 Japan (Germany’s ‘little’ helper)

3= UK & Russia (most important to keep germany busy)

4 US (sorry, but no challenges; far off from most the action in cosy Alabama)

• I’ll say one thing. The US player always gets high marks and kudos when he rides in with transports loaded with American GIs to save the day. :wink:

• I second that!

• 2007 AAR League

COME ON ALL YOU U.K. FANS!

• hahaha, no way sir

• I love my UK transports. Somehow i manage to save my rolls of "1"s for the german fighters that come to take them out.

• Russia

• i like playing two countrys japan and germany

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m