• what do you think? personally i think abortion in general is wrong, but do you think we should ban partial birth abortion?

• I think it’s up to the individual really. Is abortion wrong? Yes, I believe it is but I also think that the decision whether or not to have one is up to the woman and really depends on the circumstances. In cases of rape or incest I think the victim should be allowed to make up their own mind. In effect I think abortion should be legal but I wish people would stop using it as a form of birth control! Buy a box of condoms or at least borrow some from a friend if you’re a cheapskate!

• @Blitzkrieg:

I think it’s up to the individual really. Is abortion wrong? Yes, I believe it is but I also think that the decision whether or not to have one is up to the woman and really depends on the circumstances. In cases of rape or incest I think the victim should be allowed to make up their own mind. In effect I think abortion should be legal but I wish people would stop using it as a form of birth control! Buy a box of condoms or at least borrow some from a friend if you’re a cheapskate!

That’s not what he asked. He asked if you thought partial birth abortions are wrong.

I think all abortion is wrong, but I’m not about to dive into this argument right now. Suffice it to say, YES, I think partial birth abortions are abhorrent, and anyone who’s tries to defend them is just as awful.

• Ahhh D:S. Something we can agree on.
    I’ve only delivered a dozen babies so far, at various gestational ages, and i also believe that any abortion after 25 weeks is abhorrent/evil (blah blah blah, yes, if both might die otherwise blah blah blah). Abortions prior to that age i believe are wrong as per arguements i’ve posted in an earlier abortion thread.

• I personally think abortions are right. My religion pretty much settled the issue of abortion many years ago before it could even be done.

• I didn’t comment on partial birth abortions because I don’t know enough about them to make a comment. I’m not defending abortion, like I said I personally wouldn’t want my girlfriend, wife or whatever getting one, but I don’t believe it’s up to the government to legislate morality.

• one thing that i think is pretty funny is that it’s illegal to kill this one type of turtle’s eggs (b/c someday they will become turtles) but somehow it’s perfectly legal to kill fetuses(which will be humans someday) people say it’s the woman’s right to choose; why should she get the choice? it’s not her that will be killed. obviously, the fetus cannot choose for itself, but if it could, what would it choose? life or death?

another thing i think is retarded is when people have abortions b/c they don’t want the child; there are thousands of couples who are waiting for a baby to adopt

• @StrongBad1988:

what do you think? personally i think abortion in general is wrong, but do you think we should ban partial birth abortion?

Partial birth abortion is one of the most disgusting procedures ever invented. For those that don’t know. The cervix is dialated, and the Dr extracts the baby feet first until only the head remains inside the mother. This is important because otherwise the baby would take a breath and start screaming. At which point it really looks like the murder that it is, so that awfulness is avoid.

Anyway, with the babies head still in the mother. The “Doctor” (yeah right!) inserts a long pointy object (scissors) into the babies neck and jabs up into the brain many times until the baby dies. At that point the corpse’s head is removed from the mother, and the dead baby is thrown away in the medical trash heap.

Ain’t that lovely to think about? Yes there is a rare condition of fetal deformity (I forget the latin name) where the baby’s brain fails to form, and the head grows to an abnormally large size. In this case, I agree that the pregnacy should be terminated because the mother’s life is truly in danger. However, partial birth abortions occur at an alarming rate. Much higher than the occurance of this one condition. Regardless, isn’t there a more respectiful way such deformed children could be euthanized?

Sorry for ranting/babbling…

• not at all ranting/babbling, just the truth. partial birth abortion should be made illegal.

• addict in less than 10 days, now that is REALLY someone who’s addicted

• add a poll

• Personally, I think Abortion is a states issue. The States should decide to be for or against it. Personally, I’m against it. Roe vs Wade is unconstitutional because it is a law that the Federal Government, under the constitution, should not decide.

• Wow Yanny, you took the words write out of a COnservative pundit’s mouth :D

• I agree with Yanny… I think i need to go lay down.

• Yanny, what category do you score in on a political test?

• @yourbuttocks:

Yanny, what category do you score in on a political test?

Political Compass is a pretty good test…

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

but I don’t believe it’s up to the government to legislate morality.

100% agree, but the way i see it, it’s a question of Life and Death, the governement judge crimes, killing is a crimes. And the number of abortions is very high.

• @Blitzkrieg:

I didn’t comment on partial birth abortions because I don’t know enough about them to make a comment. I’m not defending abortion, like I said I personally wouldn’t want my girlfriend, wife or whatever getting one, but I don’t believe it’s up to the government to legislate morality.

You’re right, it’s not the government’s business to legislate morality to the citizens. However, it is the government’s business to put the protection of it’s citizens as it’s number one priority (contrary to what Mr. Clinton would have you believe :wink:). That includes citizens of ALL ages.

• Despite what everyone here thinks, I am straight down the middle on a political test :) I generally shift toward the left on Foreign policy, and toward the right on domestic agenda. I am strongly against religion. The reason I hate President Bush is his foreign policy is completely flawed from my perspective, and he has no domestic agenda.

On the political compass I am just barely (.5 on graph) to the left of the origin, and halfway down to Libertarian.

http://www.digitalronin.f2s.com/politicalcompass/questionnaire.pl?page=printable_graph&X=-0.50&Y=-5.54

• if i took it i’d probably be pretty far to the right

• Mr. Clinton? Is he still the President? Believe me I’m no liberal, in fact I think I’m probably right in the middle when it comes to politics but I think it’s time to stop blasting Clinton he hasn’t been the President for two years now so let’s all get over it. I also have a very deep mistrust of religion when it comes to politics. If I wanted to live in a theocracy I’d move to Iran.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m