• Since SBR’s have shown not to be all that productive in most cases what about adding the possiblity of destroying the IC in the territory. I was thinking if an SBR roll a six on damage, the attacker can roll the die again. If another six is rolled the IC is destroyed, otherwise the defender just loses the six points form the first role. :-? :-?

• that kinda sounds like a cool rule, though i think that should only apply to IC’s that you have built, not ones that you have started the game with.

• Why wouldnt you just send like 10 bombers and then you will prolly roll a six. sounds like a good idea, just needs some tweaking.

• I kind of like this idea - applied to IC’s not placed at the beginning of the game. It would make UK think twice about it’s Indian IC, and Japan about its Manchurian IC. At the same time, it has the same odds as heavy bombers, so it’s not a routine occurance.

• i think it would be a nice little advantage for the axis, sice it would be much eaiser for japan to bomb a indian IC than for britain to bomb a manchurian IC. (i dunno, i just usually leave the english bomber in the europe theater) and it wouldn’t really apply much in europe or in africa, unless britain builds an IC in south africa and germany is willing to bomb that out

• What about this….Throw out the rule of only one IC in a territory and unlimited piece placement in starting ICs. The IPC value of a territory also represents the number of factories that can be built there. Each factory can produce only 3 units. At the start of the game each player has max ICs in in home territories. So Germany has 10 ICs with the capability of 30 units, Southern Europe has 6 ICs with the capability of 18 units, karelia has 3 factories with limit of 9 units…etc. Now apply in the special SBR rule. At first if Germany loose a factory no big deal, but if the trend continues his production capabilities are now in jepordy. This could also be interesting if UK spend the 30 to place two factories in Austrailia with the capability of 6 units a turn. This can make Austrailia a major objective for Japan to protect its underbelly as well as for USA to keep it out of Japan’s hands???

• i dunno, i think i’d prefer it under normal rules w/ IC’s. the rule w/ if you roll two 6’s and you get to destroy the IC sounded cool, but the rule you just talked about sounded too complicated. i dunno, maybe it would be really fun, i think you’d just have to play it to find out

• Your right about it being complicated, it kind of ruins the joy of the simplicity of the battle. I’m just over-thinking out load.

• Have you been playing WinwarII? :o

• what is that? i’ve never heard of it

• @StrongBad1988:

i think it would be a nice little advantage for the axis, sice it would be much eaiser for japan to bomb a indian IC than for britain to bomb a manchurian IC. (i dunno, i just usually leave the english bomber in the europe theater) and it wouldn’t really apply much in europe or in africa, unless britain builds an IC in south africa and germany is willing to bomb that out

many US and UK bombers have made it to Moscow in games past . . . .

• yeah, i guess you’re right. i usually just leave my US and UK bombers in engalnd though, maybe moscow is a better move b/c you can still SBR germany, and you can also SBR a japanese IC on the mainland (if they build one)

• I prefer Moscow for allied bombers since they can still hit Germany and threaten the Medd. as well as support Asian activities.

• i’m so stupid, i had never thought about that. i just have always put them in england

• lol, same here! I feel dumb, cause that’s obviously better.

• I agree the simple version is better. I’ll try to talk my buds into trying it.

Yup, HBMRs outa Russia (RUS) is one of my favorite moves. The problem is that you need to leave 1 INF there and maybe 1 ARM to cover it.

The possiblity of BMRs in RUS is why I build an IC for Japan in KWA if I do at all(about 1/3 of the time.)

A funny story: The first guy who tried that on me had moved 2 UK BMRs and 1 US BMR to Russia without protection by the end of UK2. On G2 I flew 1 BMR and 2 FTR to Russia, lost 1 FTR on the way in, and destroyed his BMR wings!!! Glory! Glory! Glory!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m