If the world was a village of 100..

• I dunno. The U.S. gives the most foreign aid, publicly and privately, of any country in the world.

• but not per capita, I think sweden or some euro country gives the most per capita

• The US Government. Your counting our Weapons programs. We give out 10 billion in foreign aid per year. 8.5 Billion of that is in weapons. Almost 4 billion to Israel alone.

• Americans are bred isolated from such realisms of the world. Later in life, ignorance, resulting from the long built isolation, keeps the cycle going on indefinitely. Even those “enlightened” in these realisms feel powerless to effect them. Return to their job, the house, the kids, the car, the vacations, the fast food, the computer…

Long behold, the Communist Revolution.

but not per capita, I think sweden or some euro country gives the most per capita

That would be the Southerners from Missouri. God Bless…

• Our universities give out over 10 billion alone in free tuition for foreign students.

• DeviantS - an isolationist answer! Most worker class Americans would say: no…

• Most working class Americans would say “no” to what…? To us being sympathetic?

• Well our private institutions are a different matter. Bill Gates himself gave out 30 billion last year to help fight aids.

• @Yanny:

30 billion .

Sounds too high. That is almost his whole fortune. Wasn’t it more like 3 billion?

Anyway, your point was that Americans are lucky, and that we don’t know it. But we give so much to foreigners.

• Well, whatever it is, I know for a fact that he gives more to fighting AIDS then the US government does. Try criticizing that… :wink:

• He donated half his fortune to help fight Aids.

• DeviantS - That’s right. Most people in the US trying to put food on their own table, aren’t always happy watching our government give away millions to foreigners. Give me 100 grand, and it will take the edge off my worries…

• hmmmmm, the US government paying for every familys morgage

3 people per family,300 000 000 people in the US, 100 000 000 familys, 300 000$ home, 300 000x100 000 000= 30 000 000 000 000$

thats a lot of money!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m