New Member seeks A&AE PBEM Gamer

• WAIT a minute, wait a minute…

Are you saying that the Dicey at http://dice.aaeuropemc.com/aaeurope/login.html

won’t work because it lacks artillery?? But the aaeuropemc club is specifically for A&AEurope, right?

Where am I missing the sharp turn here?

Maybe we should log in there, Mr. Ghoul, and check it out with a dry run. I’ve registered with aaemc (as ZimZaZe), have you?

• I am a register member at that site, I think anyway, but never posted or played.
    I have a hard time navigating there.

You didn’t miss anything, that’s what we’re looking for.
    I think the dicey server posted on this forum is just for A&A
    not A&AE.

Now to make it work for us….

Can we use the server without a AAEuropeMC game number?

If we can, then we are set, if not, then, I have no problem with a third person roller, even if its CC…j/k :lol:

Just let me know CC what day/time is good with you, for a face to face game, I mean and the above to if we can’t use the server…

• Mr. Ghoul, it’s all new to me – how about we play the game there, under aaemc auspices. I see you log in, then press “Game Starts” and we enter our info. I was wrong about my dog tag over there: it is JZAM. I suppose they assign us a game # and then we are off to Dicey whenever we choose. (They don’t require that we use Mapview, etc. and that’s out for me, since I am more or less mac-bound)

Also by the way, I won’t be doing much if any posting over this weekend, either.

So anyway, do you wish to try jammin a game over on their server?

• Hmm – I am still weeding my way through the thickets over there. It appears we have to designate the type of game “(GM, ADS, Live, FTF, etc…)”

I suppose GM means GameMaster, but I dunno the rest. I’ll be checking out their FAQ for awhile…

• They have a bunch of rule variants.

Ya, we can try a game there.
    We need each others email if we want to play.

My tag is “Knuckle Duster”.
    My email is dhansey@upper49th.com.

Give it a test run if you get a game number.
    I’m almost off here at work, so I’ll check it out more tomorrow afternoon.

• OK

I’ll get it set up tonight, then you can take all tomorrow to hack around… I may or may not get major online access tomorrow.

When you go to
    http://dice.aaeuropemc.com/aaeurope/login.html

You can punch “INSTRUCTIONS” which goes: http://dice.aaeuropemc.com/aaeurope/instructions.html

and we can read all about it.
    My email is jmammar@aol.com and again the dog tag is JZAM.

I can bid you in at 2 for the Allies, and that should be sufficient to get us a game #.

Ciao

• Hi there Mr. Ghoul…

Well my T01 combat is on its way to you and to Dicey.

In the meantime, I see where a Drumstix wondered if we would post our progress under the Games Forum, so it could be … considered, criticized, and collectively cretinized by the assembled multitudes.

I’m for it if you are – I could paste in our moves etc. as the results come in.

• Sounds tight.
    Lets do it.
    I’ll have my turn done tomorrow.
    So, the dicey server doesn’t send the combat rolls?

• Well here’s the deal as I get it (remember, I’m new at this).

Dicey will email us the results. I xed or un-xed the box to that effect.

Dicey has the ability to email us each combat roll. I thought that might be too much email… I guess I interpreted that as every single die, every round, every battle. I dunno.

Dicey, the way I read the thing, keeps the rolls on file anyway, so if we want more than just the results, we can go there and check em out.

We can also x or un-x the box to change it back to emailing us all of the rolls.

In the meantime, we are now in the meantime – meaning, awaiting Dicey to crunch the moves I sent this morning for Axis T01. Any idea how long the turnaround generally is for a Dicey set of results?

• Ok its a option to include the rolls.

I received your email at 12:32 pm central time.
    What time did you send it?

• I’m Professor double post……

• I sent it at 12:32 Eastern time. Daylight savings is in effect – don’t know how that affects Manitobans. Also don’t know how AOL stamps times on its freakin email system – time the sender posted in sender’s timezone, or time sender posted in recipient’s timezone, or some alien timeframe.

Anyway, as for posting our game as a new thread in the Games area, do you want to just send our moves to each other there, as in a PlayByForum (and simultaneously email them to Dicey) – or would you rather email each other direct?

Questions, questions – ven vill der bombink und strafink shtart??

• We should just email each other directly and than post what’s happening on the form.

Ya dig?
    Ya down wit that? :lol:

• I’m down, dog.

Dezitively.

• ZimZaxZeo I need your non-combat moves, yo.

• Well, hey – I’d love to comply, but something is missing: no response from Dicey – did you receive anything back from aaemc after I sent my combat moves??

• No, I didn’t.
    I only received the one email.

• OK – well, I’ll beam em a reminder and see if we find out why the holdup…

• Hmm – just now received a mailer-daemon notification: they held the email to dicey@aaemc.net for one day, found it undeliverable, and now have dropped it.

OK – so now I will email a different address – straight to one of the moderators or whatever at aaemc.

I’ll make sure you hear of the outcome, Mr. Ghoul

Ciao for now

• zzz,
    did you change your email for dicey?
    Its saying that its a invalid email address?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m