• I still maintain if you don’t do Pearl Harbor you pretty much lose :)

• So when you Pearl Harbor, Yanny, do you also take the Island too?

• oh I forgot to add that you leave 1 inf. in aus. and get the trannys to briton

• wouldn’t those transports be sunk as a minor irritant by the German fihgters and maybe bomber?

• Not if they’re not in range. Must ftrs and bmbs stay in WE.

• ya I think germany should keep its air force in europe

• The answer depends on the U.K. strategy and the overall Allied strategy for the game.

If the U.K plans to fight for control of Africa, then you can move the Syria Iraq INF into Egypt, and transport the troops and plane from India to Egypt. If you sink the German fleet turn 1 you will have enough to take back and hold Africa. The U.S. has to pick up the slack in Asia though.

Alternately, you can concede Egypt to Germany, and use the India transport to haul the Egypt and Syria INF to India, the Egypt tank can blitz to Persia and reach india UK2. This strategy assumes that either UK or US will invade Africa from the West to oust the Germans.

What if the Germans take egypt G1. I mean, as Germany I do it every time amd Germany goes before Britain…

• Sure… but can you withstand the inevitable UK1 counterattack?

• 80% of the time, I leave the island be. However, I’ll take it if I plan on sending the fleet to the Atlantic with 2 loaded transports.

• Hmmm… most of the time I flank my way to Australia with one trn supported by BBs.

• do you think the tranny in india is historicly accurate?

• Hey, India was the prized jewel of the British Colonies… I’m sure they had some sort of navy. :)
    I know the Japs were awfully smart at giving the British Navy a royal thrasing. :wink:

• there navy consisted soly of transports?

• Well ask yourself this. Did any navy consist solely of Battleships, Aircraft Carriers, and Submarines? Or any army consisting solely of infantry and armor? :) Besides, adding a UK BB to India would unbalance the game - not that it already is. :)

• well if your using destroyers

• When I’m playing Germany, the British player never faces the dilemma of what to do with the Syria/Iraq guy. I take out both Egypt and Syria on G1. With the threatened G2 invasion of Persia, Britain’s dilemma is whether to defend India or pull out and throw everything into retaking Egypt.

The question for me is what to do with the Algerian guy? My usual answer is to ignore the tempting easy conquest of French West Africa for 1 IPC and put him into reserve in Frech Equatorial on the G1 non-combat move.

From French Equatorial, he’s got several good options. Repelling a western African invasion (supported by a tank from Egypt and a fighter from Lybia) is one. He also got the option of taking Congo on G2 (and helps deter the Yanks from landing a bomber there on U1), or of reinforcing Egypt or a drive on South Africa.

• I ahve a question, what do do with the aussie guys?

• @wehrmacht:

When I’m playing Germany, the British player never faces the dilemma of what to do with the Syria/Iraq guy. I take out both Egypt and Syria on G1. With the threatened G2 invasion of Persia, Britain’s dilemma is whether to defend India or pull out and throw everything into retaking Egypt.

The question for me is what to do with the Algerian guy? My usual answer is to ignore the tempting easy conquest of French West Africa for 1 IPC and put him into reserve in Frech Equatorial on the G1 non-combat move.

From French Equatorial, he’s got several good options. Repelling a western African invasion (supported by a tank from Egypt and a fighter from Lybia) is one. He also got the option of taking Congo on G2 (and helps deter the Yanks from landing a bomber there on U1), or of reinforcing Egypt or a drive on South Africa.

That also gives the allies a nice landing spot for which they dont have to fight for. Also, you can use all the IPCs you can get as Germany.

• ya germany needs all the IPCs it can get and making briton have less is a good thing

• Yer right, Germ HAS to tske W.Afrika. I tried your advice… no wunder I’ve had such a hard time down there!
    vat a dummkopf I’ve been… ach!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m