please ignore the abortion remark and keep to the 9/11 topic

LOL

• @Mr:

@GeZe:

@Mr:

Here we go again……

please ignore the abortion remark and keep to the 9/11 topic

LOL

well I did’nt want them to start on abortion…

• I ment there pouring billoions of dollars and other reasorces towards it but does anyone remember the Indian earthquke that killed about a 18,000 more then 9/11, what about that 15,000 people die of homocide each year in the US and 15,000 that die of suside and 15,000 that die of falling of buildings,are you pouring mlnoey into that, are you giving money to those victoms familts, what about car crashs, what about AIDS millions of people die of aids.

And you don’t think American peace Voluntaries contributed to that? Already billions are used to try and prevent homocide and suicide (less of the latter). Do you have have any idea how much America spends on AIDs research. Do you know the material cost of 9/11 (both in the buildings and the economic depression that follow)? Perhaps 9/11 is overated (again, I asked you for what you based this on), but the tradegy would be if it was underated. :o

• I don’t believe you can place a natural disaster on the same level as a terrorist attack. Diseases go the same way. Homicides and suicides are outside the scope of this discussion as well. I believe lots of money is put into medical research, crime prevention, and all types of therapy. Be serious, any country will hi-light any disaster at the hands of humans or natural. Feelings obviously still run high here in the US. I’m sure in 60 years most Americans will view 9/11 as most do now refering to Pearl Harbor…

• FM nailed it.

GZ, why don’t you delete your abortion posts? It might help.

The US has spent hundreds of thousands per EACH AIDS VICTIM because of the fear and rantings of the gay community.

But, the US has not even spent ten thousand per cancer death. Many more have died of cancer.

• @Xi:

FM nailed it.

GZ, why don’t you delete your abortion posts? It might help.

The US has spent hundreds of thousands per EACH AIDS VICTIM because of the fear and rantings of the gay community.

But, the US has not even spent ten thousand per cancer death. Many more have died of cancer.

Call me biased, however i’m also surprised at the outrage of certain women’s groups over the perceived lack of money directed at women’s health issues (they typically cite breast cancer as top of these). They of course ignore the fact that cardiovascular disease claim many MANY more lives than breast cancer (more than AIDS and CA together from what i remember). Also is it just me, or have their been fewer terrorist attacks on animal research facilities since the proliferation of AIDS?
    just more rantings . . . .
    and yes FM, you’re right. CV diseases kills more than 6 000 000 people annually, but we will (hopefully) always remain aware of the history of the holocaust.
    (yes, this is the crypt)

• I’m talkin’ 'bout the last 20 years! Cancer wins over AIDS!

• I do not think September 11th was overrated to those who hath fallen… :cry:

• Hmph, well said if I say so myself.

• over rated in the media attention it got…

• If your refering to a reporter sticking a camera in a fireman’s face after he was just rescued after being buried alive for 3 days, I’ll agree news agencies sometimes need to back off and use some common sense…

• Yeah, I can probably agree with some of that (esp. the stuff that FOX did as I mentioned).

• no in the media attention it got for the amount of people that died

• nope. Not yet.
    not in the volume.
    This wasn’t some little blip - some little accident. This was an act of war, and the destruction of thousands of ordinary people by evil forces.
    If this was a battle where this happened, we would have grief for a while, but other news events and battles would eventually overwhelm it. This is different. Everyone who died was a non-combattant, and many died heroes - trying to save the lives of others. Each person who died is, has, and leaves behind many stories. You can’t capture the ethos inherent to the event in a few weeks or even years.
    Compound these events with the security measures that it inspired, the massive manhunts and conflict in Afghanistan, and the event seems even greater, if only because of the media spin-offs.
    There’s too much there for it to “just die already!”.

• well put. 8)

• it was not an act of war.
    it was terrisam.
    lots of non-combatants died in afganastan.
    the conflict in afganistan was inspiered because of the attenchan it got.
    lots of non-cobatants that died in afganistan had stories to.

• @GeZe:

it was not an act of war.
    it was terrisam.

it was both.

lots of non-combatants died in afganastan…

true. and so did lots of combatants. Just b/c the gov’t of Afghanistan did not formally declare war on the US, they might as well have for their actions, as well as lack of actions.

the conflict in afganistan was inspiered because of the attenchan it got.
    lots of non-cobatants that died in afganistan had stories to.

true - another reason for all of the 9/11 hype. we’ve had more than a few articles of various “accidents” by allied (read: American) forces in Afghanistan

• At least, there weren’t any coverups then. :)

To be killed by friendly fire… that’s one of the worst ways to die as a soldier on the field.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m