• Ok then 2 subs in 1942SE going after the Americans is lame then. So spiting the subs (keeping one in sz9, and the other goes to sz8), and removing one US tpt would be one solution.

• @oztea:

The US can’t do anything but trade boats with Japan.
    And they can’t send more than a trickle to Europe, to help the beleaguered UK.

Germany only lost one sub (in SZ 7) on G1, and UK attacked the Japanese fleet near java and only killed the carrier.
    Very bad game for the allies.

I’ve played twice as Allies with the US going full Pacific and won. First one the UK attacked SZ17 instead of 37 and sunk the German Med fleet, second one the UK attacked SZ37 and won. On both scenarios Japan just runs into a lot of problems trying to conquer the Indian IC and to stop the US in check. On Europe Germany went naval on both and the UK merely bought fighters (and ground units for India) and forced it into a naval race which helped the Soviets in preventing Germany deploying enough ground forces to control Karelia.

• @IKE:

Wild Bill, in 1942 1st ed. I believe Germany only has 1 sub in the atlantic instead of two so it’s a more riskier attack.

Not riskier…either you hit the cruiser or you don’t…it’s 50/50…good enough odds to stymie the allies.

• Hobbes, played first 42 as the Axis…I think the only thing Japan should/can do is take the China and Russian back yard (the 3IPCs), and just stalemate the Indian complex…from there on out, continue to defend against India and build naval to offset the American builds…any offensive attack against India would weaken Japans defense against India…as long as UK and Japan are trading IPC at this standoff, that means less IPCs being used against Germany’s West Front.  I am kind of curious what you are using for the first 3 Japan turns.  I couldn’t put myself in a position to take anything besides the Russian/Chinese territories and left Germany to do the work.  J1 was 2Trans/CV (saved 2), then I started pouring troops in (3inf/2art/tank)…I kind of got owned going after the American plane in China (he rolled the 2(2s), and the 1(4) taking both my inf and a FTR…I though that would cost me the Pacific, but I overcame the American Naval (wasn’t full blown KJF, but was a significant force).

• May have to refine my buys on G1…little bitter about the UK Bomber/DD destroying my BB…knew this would happen.  had 3inf/2art/tank/bomber/SS…I guess this is where Ukraine is going to come into play…I anticiapted Russia going for Ukraine, didn’t, so I had my plane…now if I keep that plane, I can afford to possibly sack one against the Brit CA in the Med and say f-it and go for Egypt anyways.  Even if I escape with just the Bomber, I’m going to consider that a victory.  I thought about still doing G2 Egypt by adding a DD to prevent the DD fighting my BB, but I don’t want the UK fleet in the med either (while this would GREATLY help my Jap strat, I can’t handle uncontested entry…) at least if they wanted to go after the BB, they risk losing 1-2 units to gain entry into the Med, and I can sack that… Will have to play a few more times, but was very happy about controlling the Atlantic (America got greedy trying to go after all my subs with its 4DD…NEVER leave your wingman…DDs got wiped out and Atlantic stayed mine for a long time).  Time for nap!

• @WILD:

Ok then 2 subs in 1942SE going after the Americans is lame then. So spiting the subs (keeping one in sz9, and the other goes to sz8), and removing one US tpt would be one solution.

What was lame was the way the USA let Germany trash our shipping right after we entered the war. I think letting 2 German subs come over and sink 1 US DD and 2 US APs for 0-1 sub is historically about right on.

Reference: www . uboat . net / ops / drumbeat . htm
    Sorry, I’m not allowed to post links.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m