Can I move some of my units starting in hostile sea zone out to not participate?

• Or do i have to move either all of them out, or either initiate combat with all of them against the enemy sea units? Also a  question related to this: A uk sub starts its turn with a japanese battleship in a sz. Can the sub just submerge and not fight since there are no enemy destroyers, or does it have to follow 1 of the options in the rule book in the section under ‘Sea Units Starting in Hostile Sea Zones’?

• @Swift:

Can I move some of my units starting in hostile sea zone out to not participate?
    Or do i have to move either all of the out, or either initiate combat with all of them against the enemy sea units?

You can still move units from the sea zone in combat movement to escape combat if you are attacking there.

@Swift:

Also a  question related to this: A uk sub starts its turn with a japanese battleship in a sz. Can the sub just submerge and not fight since there are no enemy destroyers, or does it have to follow 1 of the options in the rule book in the section under ‘Sea Units Starting in Hostile Sea Zones’?

You always follow the rules for ‘Sea Units Starting in Hostile Sea Zones’. In the given case you follow the rule Remain in the sea zone and conduct combat. However the submarine may submerge then.

HTH :-)

• Thanks.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m