• Try having your Italy player build nothing but infantry. Read my above statement. It is long I know, but it has the outline of buys and the amount of units the axis will have on T5 when you land.

• Following Idea:
    -France is after the fall of Paris still able to collect income and may use the UK-London Industrial complex as if it was a minor, French, Industrial complex.
    NO for taking Paris for Germany (+5 IPC/Turn) and even an NO for Germany for taking London (much harder if French could build in London +5 IPC/Turn).

Why: Historically, almoust every european country, occipied by Germany, had an exile gouvernment in London and lots of volunteers fougth against Germany from their new homebase London/UK (people from Poland, Norway, France, Danmark, the Netherlands). I think it would be nice to reflect this by those small forces the French player could build.

With the French income (~9-13 turn 1, ~6-7 every turn thereafter), the allied player would a) be able to build a defense for the UK, b) British money wolud be freed up to produce something more useful, c) French units such as transports, Bomber, Crusier, destroyer, submarines etc. could get used, d) a little more action in the atlantic even without major intervention of the US possible.

Last but not Least: The French pieces in the game are useless. France is almoust never able to build something, in the rare cases it can, it will build at best Infanterie, Artillery, Armor, Fighter.

Alternative:
    Remove all the French from the game and replace them with British troops. Add a +5 NO for France for Germany and change the turn-order to: Germany, USSR, Italy, UK, ANZAC, USA. That would be fine as well.

• I like this idea, but turn 1 france shouldn’t be able to buy, and then on turn 2 I say france can spend whatever money she has in UK.

• Sorry I didn’t write this, but thats the idea. Germany sacks the 19 starting IPC from France, but France may still collect income turn 1 and following, and then build in the UK, starting turn 2.

• Letting Italy play before UK means they can destroy the fleet in SZ98 and take Egypt in turn 1. That’s pretty brutal IMO.

• Italy has to follow UK, with the Alpha3 set up. It starts strong and has to be neutered by UK.
    You are all right out France though. Is really only in it for show. Is eliminated on G1 and if it is reactivated, the European Axis have lost!

• Just 2 things to think about:
    1. If UK replaces France, then you can’t let the UK go before Italy, otherwise Italy would face the same problem as France: Bombed into extinction. Ther would not be any Italyan Navy left when its Italys turn and Probably even Northern Italy would be UK-controlled, therefore Italy has to go before UK.
    2. Germany would be a lot weaker. Missing 19 IPC plunder from france and facing a stronger UK. So the UK needs a Money sink in Africa, to not make the game an Allied autowin.
    3. The newly added Italian Destroyer and Transport off the coast of Malta would have to be removed.
    Thats it. Italy is a factor in the game you have to deal with.
    The UK is much stronger than before (and earns more money and has an additional fighter in the UK and some more Navy around the medeiterean sea).

Overall: I personally would prefere, that France stays in play, but can collect income even after the fall of Paris, and use the London industrial complex to build. Makes Germany a little tougher to play, UK a little better (3 scrambling Frech fighter to protect a UK fleet).

• @cenator01:

The UK is much stronger than before (and earns more money and has an additional fighter in the UK and some more Navy around the medeiterean sea).

I had the impression that they meant that the french unots change buit the territories remain french (hence no extra income)

Overall: I personally would prefere, that France stays in play, but can collect income even after the fall of Paris, and use the London industrial complex to build. Makes Germany a little tougher to play, UK a little better (3 scrambling Frech fighter to protect a UK fleet).

I like that idea (perhaps limit their build in Canada though London is maybe more logical) and it gives my usual Axis opponents a reason to take french territories (now they don’t as hey know they will lose it to USA eventually, they’re stingy that way ;)

• Didn’t read far enough. Diddn’t see he said Italy should go before UK… No, that would be very very bad! I don’t think the french units should become controllable by UK. That just doesn’t make sense. The only thing I am advocating for change is that france gets to spend her 8 dollars on T2.

• Sorry, but it seems I was not clear on my Ideas.
    2 Different approaches:
    1: Keep France as it is, but let them collect income at the End of their turn (still loose their 19IPC to whomever Paris conquers) and build in UK (like it is a minor French Industrial Complex).
    OR
    2: Remove all French and replace them with UK (No French in play) and change the Turnorder to Germany,USSR,Japan, USA,China, Italy, UK, ANZAC. Maybe the Fleet of Malta has to be removed to not get a tooo strong Italy.

• Italy can’t go first. The axis are already too powerful. I have never won a Europe game playing against myself on the europe board with allies. Italy going before UK would mean Italy is a juggernaut! Also keep the french units. They don’t do much, but making them UK wouldn’t be historical at all.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m