• With regards to the 3rd edition rules: if your subs are involved in a naval battle with other naval units and, after a round of firing you declare that one or more of your subs have submerged, what happens if your remaining units are destroyed and your enemy remains in the battle zone? Do you have to withdraw then? If not, what are your options?

BONUS QUESTION
    I found an official 2nd editon rules clarification from Milton Bradley which was very clear. Is there anything similar on the web for the 3rd edition rules? I would love something that gives specific examples of how each new rule change works!!!

• @MannyTheMan:

With regards to the 3rd edition rules: if your subs are involved in a naval battle with other naval units and, after a round of firing you declare that one or more of your subs have submerged, what happens if your remaining units are destroyed and your enemy remains in the battle zone? Do you have to withdraw then? If not, what are your options?

BONUS QUESTION
    I found an official 2nd editon rules clarification from Milton Bradley which was very clear. Is there anything similar on the web for the 3rd edition rules? I would love something that gives specific examples of how each new rule change works!!!

Are the subs attacking or defending?

• You know what? I found the 3rd edition rules for the A&A CD-ROM game. It answers my question. It seems only defending subs can submerge. And, if they surface to find enemy naval units, they must fight on your next turn…for at least one round of firing. So, I finally understand. Submerging is meant for defending against air attacks! Thanks anyway!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m