Question on carrier movement

• Here’s the scenario:

On the USA’s turn, they landed 1 fighter on a British aircraft carrier.

The question is - Is it LEGAL for the British to MOVE their carrier (with the US fighter on it) on Britian’s turn and have the US fighter remain landed on it?

If so, does this change the US fighter’s movement capability on the US’ next turn?

• '10

Yes to the first part, No to the second part.

• We got quite the same problem, my buddy and I, we played this game for 5 years now, and it was the first time this happened:
    Britishs bought Aircraft Carrier on 1st turn. On US’ turn, they land 2 fighters on it. When we get back to British turn, they wanted to attack with this aircraft carrier. The question is: is it legal to put US planes in the battle or do they just stay put on the carrier and drown with it if he fails?

• What I found out is:

If attacking, the fighters are cargo and don’t attack along with the carrier and other British ships.

If defending, the fighters DO roll defensively, since the attacker fights ALL units in the embattled area…

• They also cannot be taken as a casualty when attacking, but do die when the carrier sinks.

• Agreed. The attack had better be supported well enough to avoid that scenario…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m