• Depleated uranium is really dense, quite a bit more dense than lead. The more dense the high velocity projectile the harder it is to stop, and the more penetrating power it will have. That’s part of the reason A-10s busted through Iraqi tank colums like no other in the Persian Gulf.

• By arguing how dangerous Uranium is, you’re just circling the issue. The military needs reform. 30% of women raped is f-cking screwd up!

• '19 Moderator

I agree, no more women in the military, problem solved.

• 30%!!! Where can i see this statistic?

• Dezert, I gota disagree with you. We live in an equal country, men and women should be equal in the Military. Personally, I think Women should be drafted alongside men.

Maybe instead of punishing the Women for these rapes, why not crack down on the Men?

• I have no problem with women in the military, as long as the standards arent lowered just to have them “in” the military

• On 2002-05-08 14:54, Yanny wrote:

why not crack down on the Men?

Exactly what I have been saying.

• I don’t like the military at all. Although I must admit they have done some good things, how can someone say they are going to save lives and end up taking them. But since the topic of this forum is what you think about the military, I will digress. As long as you are human, you should be allowed in basic training. Women, Men, Homosexuals; they can all do something for our country. If they cannot do something then they don’t belong in the military. No one is free when others are being oppressed; even in their own homes.

• Again, all kinds are already let in to the military. What I am saying is that how they are treated once they are in there needs to be reformed.

• That’s what I meant to comment on instead of what came out. The women and homosexuals are treated differently. Once again, sorry.

• I’m with the equality angle. When I was in the Navy, women could not serve on combatants, only auxiliaries and supports. Add the draft, all commands, and then you’ve got something…

• On 2002-05-08 04:22, HortenFlyingWing wrote:

30%!!! Where can i see this statistic?

It comes from the VA. 90% of recent women veterans reported sexual harrassment. 1/3 reported rape.

• On 2002-05-05 11:50, Yanny wrote:

I disagree with you except on 2 parts.

A) US Military is way too big.

B) Gay’s are discriminated against

So you believe that the military is enviormentally responsible. And that minorities and women are treated equally?

• I believe minorities are treated equally. The Military needs to clamp down on these rapes and sexual harrasment I am hearing about.

• On 2002-05-09 19:26, Yanny wrote:
    I believe minorities are treated equally. The Military needs to clamp down on these rapes and sexual harrasment I am hearing about.

Most of the minorities are treated equal, but there are others that are not, and that needs to stop. Agreed on the latter that the rapes and sexual harrasment need to stop.

• Minorities mistreated? What proof do you have?

• Isolated Cases. Like I said before, Gay’s are the only problem.

• I might not have any proof of racial minority cases yet. But hopefully I can find some. I just can’t picture homosexuals being the only problem.

• I am quoting from a CD that I got from a local group which fights racism, homophobia, etc.

“The military is hazardous to people of color. During the Gulf War, over 50% of the front line troops were people of color. Over 30% of enlisted personnel but only 12% of of officers are people of color, who are then disciplined at a higher rate than whites. When recent studies showed a slight dip in youn African American’s interest in the military, the Pentagon responded with a new ad campaign. They’re targeting Latino youth with special Spanish language ads. The recruiters’ lethal result: tracking high achieving young people in communities of color into a dead end occupation.”

Also

“you’re 2 to 5 times more likely to be homeless than your friends who never joined”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m