• The US has enough Nuclear bombers in it’s arsenal to destroy the world many times over.

• no kiddng…but here’s my theory. nuclear weapons will never be used to kill off the world. why? because people have nukes as a deturrent, for power. if you kill everyone, the rich and powerful will be no more.

• Or, some crazy autocrat seizes power in one of those countries and unleashes a nuclear war.

• "Or, some crazy autocrat seizes power in one of those countries and unleashes a nuclear war. "

Like Saddam “So Damn Insane” Hussein?

• He would be some lesser example. But, look at Russia. A revolution could happen there. Some crazy guy (or maybe some guy with good intentions) could take power, and start blowing up small countries with Russia’s still formitable nuclear arsenal.

• a comet could hit us too! in 900 years i believe.

In fact in the year 2005, NASA will be blowing up a comet for “research.” I found some info on that comet, and it qualifies as a planet killer…cover up?

• No, I meant pandemic. Epidemic is a spread of a disease in a large area, a pandemic is a spread of a disease around the world, like influenza in the early 1900s

• oh yeah! LAtin roots are useful! Pan means “all.”

• There is no force on in this world that could destroy the Earth itself. Save maybe a Deathstar, the closest thing to devastation is cracking the Earths crust and making it inhabitable.

• Well, the earth could be standing but every living thing would die after a comet hit the earth!

• Aren’t there enough nukes to vaporize the moon?

• Probably :wink:

• but maybe that was a cold war statistic…but China, Israel, Iraq, India, and PAkistan balance it out :grin:

• Gul’dan:
    I stand corrected. Thanks for the enlightenment. I apologize for my arrogance.

[ This Message was edited by: Tal on 2002-05-01 23:40 ]

• pandemic is indeed the correct word

Look it up in a dictionary.

On 2002-04-24 14:04, Tal wrote:
    I think you mean epidemic. Sorry, I usually try to ignore the spelling on these forums, but pandemic?
    And Yanny, I don’t think we have 100 years, but I also don’t think we will go extinct. We will likely make nearly every other species on the planet extinct, but I’d say that a small percentage of humans will survive to trash the earth some more.

• On 2002-04-29 13:22, HortenFlyingWing wrote:
    but maybe that was a cold war statistic…but China, Israel, Iraq, India, and PAkistan balance it out :grin:

Iraq has nukes?

• Thank you yourbuttocks, I did look it up in a dictionary.
    pandemic (pan-dem’ik) adj. 1. Med. widely epidemic. 2. universal; general.
    So, yes it is a word(which I already admitted when I acknowledged my mistake); it was just used incorrectly. It was used as a noun when it is an adjective.

• On 2002-05-03 19:33, Tal wrote:
    Thank you yourbuttocks,

You’re welcome.

• trust me the world is not going anyware. it’s us thats on the way out.
    look the world is 3.5 billion years old and we have been around for what 100,000 maybe!
    and we have only been doing heavy indestry for what 200 years, nucleur testing for 50-60 years. trust me the planet has been through alot worce things than us. you worry about a comet hiting the earth and destroying every thing. IT’S ALLREADY HAPPAND!!! 65 million years ago an astoriod hit the earth and destroyed most of the life including the dominate species of the time.
    yet the earth lives it heels rebuilds and continues. this planet has been through 5 mass extintions and is currintly in it’s 6th. but on like the others like tectonic shifting, wide spread diesies, the introduction of Oxigen in the atmusphrere, forighn body impact. this time it’s what i call mass extinction through species intervention. basicly we are the case of the currint mass extinction. we were never ment to get this far advancesd. we are a clever animal yes but not a smart one. and mother nature is corecting the problem by renewing her self once more. only this time we are her instrements of destruction. and we are not going to leeve much of a trace eithor. maybe some plastic and stirofome but thats about it.
    of couse thats just my opinion

• On 2002-05-03 15:48, yourbuttocks wrote:

On 2002-04-29 13:22, HortenFlyingWing wrote:
    but maybe that was a cold war statistic…but China, Israel, Iraq, India, and PAkistan balance it out :grin:

probably…supposedly not though!
    Iraq has nukes?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m