• Cool you called me LG. People that know me in Delta Force: Land Warrior call me that =)

It seems that the United States gets involved too early and stops me from taking over Africa. It also means I have to open up 3 fronts, West Germany, Africa, and against Russia. Japan never gets to Russia in time. I think my die are weighted lol

• LG, I like short posts (inside joke–- see above).
    As for taking Africa … on Germany’s turn 1 during movement phase move the Ger. BB (battleship) from Central Med. SZ (sea zone) to the E. Med. SZ, from S. Europe load a tank(That’s armor, you silly goose!) onto the TRN (transport, you twit!)and move the TRN to the E. Med. SZ to unload into AES (Anglo-Egyptian Sudan if it survives the battle with the British SS (submarine, you nimrod!). If the BB hits the SS you win the sea battle even if the SS sinks the BB(but, if the SS hits you and survives the BB attack, go ahead and lose the TRN with tank to have another shot at the sub…odds are that you will usually be able to land the armor.
    Back to the German movement…in Africa
    1)move the ALG inf south(+1 IPC for Germany),
    2)move the LIB arm south to FEA for a blitzkrieg(+1 IPC for Germany) and then east to attack AES,
    3)move the LIB to join the battle in AES(that will make it a 1 INF & 2 ARM v. 1 INF & 1 ARM battle to your advantage— attacks of
    1,3 & 3 v defense of 2 & 2—you will usually win with 2 ARM left to head south on the next turn.IF THERE IS TROUBLE YOU MAY BE ABLE TO TRANSPORT MORE UNITS FROM S. OR E. EUROPE ON YOUR NEXT TURN[no more than 1 INF or ARM or you weaken your attack on Russia too much.])
    Love keeping it concise! HA!
    –-------------------------------------------
    “Sit on my Fat Man, Little Boy Tojo!”
    ------------------------Gen D. MacArthur

• Germany needs to take Russia quickly, before the doughboys and the yanks can get orginized enough to send them any real help. Build all tanks on the first turn, and attack karelia with everything possible. (See My German strategy post) (see also my sovie and russian strategies) for the brits, build a bomber everyturn keep strategicly bombing germany. and build an IC in south africa. For the americans. build a battleship in the pacific and harras the japanese

• LG,
    As for US moving into Africa too qiuckly…
    Arrange Germany’s air and sea attacks on UK foces on turn 1 so that you land your air power in W. Europe (to hit UK again on turn 2 or US transports…within bomber range at least).Options, always look for options.

“Where did those bombers come from?”--------
    Japanese Imperial Command after Dolittle raid

• i think people put way too much stake into what happens in africa. Granted, its important to both sides and Germany must eliminate the english tank and infantry in egypt T1, this way they can slowly overrun it and get about 6 ipcs/turn but I think it quite ridiculous for the allies to comeback with america or uk by retaking it. If they do not all collectively attack germany then the rising sun in the east is going to march on moscow. America’s tanks and men are needed much more in the capture of western europe or the defense of karelia then dinking around with 6-7 ipcs for england.

• Affirmative!

• So Africa is a good idea? I mean it is relatively unprotected and it will hurt the UK alot, but won’t it spread out germany? And what happens if russia keep building infantry and nothing else?

• IMO you shouldn’t spend the money to build any sort of fleet in the med. Just use what you got, and send down a fighter.

Doesn’t always work though…like everything.

• So does Russia attack at all or not?? Are they just pure defense???

• That is a call best left during the game itself. With Russia unrestricted, it is a must, but only attack when the German player has his flank exposed.

• as russia you have to attack/defend based on what the german player does….if he brings all his tanks to the frontline then buy a bunch of men and a couple tanks and spank that booty…of course if he leaves them1/2 spaces away beware!..maybe just buying men is better.

• OK ty to all who helped. I appreciate it

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m