• This is very utopian, it is not even my opinion, but I read it somewhere.

HIV is the savior of mankind. Man is on a pace to double every 25 years! Thats 12 Billion by the year 2025. By 2050, 24 billion. That would destroy earth.

I don’t agree with it, but its a unique point of view.

• I heard something other than every 25 yrs, but it works out the same either way, eventually there will be too many people to feed. Let me give you an example of what happens when population exceeds food supply:
    I don’t remember the exact time and place this happened.
    About 200 reindeer were put on an island, where they lived for a while at a steady population of about 200. One year they started breeding like mad and they ended up at like 2000 or 2500. Shortly thereafter there were 8 left. If you look at a chart of their population growth and that of the human race they are identical in shape, the only difference is that our chart doesn’t have a vertical drop yet.

• I remember seeing that same example.

Weren’t hunters called in to kill some off eventually?

• I too think that HIV is a savior for mankind, and this may sound barabric to you, I also bealive the same thing about war. War is almost like a fail safe. If we over populate, then we go to war with eachother for food suplies. then the population drops, so theres more to go around. Course I could be some barbaric who belongs running in the woods with a club and a bear skin.

• "This is very utopian, it is not even my opinion, but I read it somewhere.

HIV is the savior of mankind. Man is on a pace to double every 25 years! Thats 12 Billion by the year 2025. By 2050, 24 billion. That would destroy earth.

I don’t agree with it, but its a unique point of view."

In the 1600s, England thought it was “over-populated.” Aids might kill 4/5ths of Africa in 20 years, but i see hope. I’m sure india is going to wise up like China and start limiting over-population.

But here’s something to think about. America has 1/26 of the earth’s population, but produces 60% of the world’s toxic waste, and i think 30% of the world’s garbage. basically, if everyone in america was blown up, the world would be done a lot of good. our 280,000,000 people plus 30,000,000 illegal immigrants consume maybe the needs of 3,250,000,000 people. That is plain insane. I guess Americans need their paper cups, and SUVs.

I’m trying to make a difference! i washmy plastic utensils, and i no longer buy styrofoam cup of noodles. That and i’m trying to reforrest this area with the science club…

• HIV the savior of mankind? What a horrible thing to say. I have friends who suffer from AIDs. The pain watching his/her body degenerate is simply appalling. AIDs is not a quick death, it’s slow, gruesome, and devoid of almost any hope.

With that said, it’s a shame we’re overpopulating the world. Though studies have shown that the human population will reach it’s maximum of 9 billion in 2070 due to declining fertility rates (by 2100 1/3 of the population will be over 60), I feel the world is overpopulated enough as it is. The solution to this question is not war or engineered disease, but laws regarding reproduction. The world should take heed to China’s example of 1 child per family with limits at 2 children per family worldwide.

Horten, I admire the fact that you try to conserve and regenerative nature’s once abundant resources. In the future I see huge problems arising over efficient garbage disposal. I too try to save and reuse whatever I can. There simply isn’t must of an Earth left to go around.

[ This Message was edited by: TM Moses VII on 2002-04-18 16:56 ]

• Another killer that is on the rise is cancer. Because of the polution caused by an industrial society, and unhealthy diets, the cancer rate is going through the roof, and it’s going to continue to expand in 1st world nations like the U.S. faster than HIV is expanding in Africa. And Europe is so past it’s prime, they’re never be united enough, and apart they are weak.

• Canada will most definitely rule the world, no doubt. :wink:

• Im sorry that you have friends who are suffering with aids. However the HIV Virus is a super killer. It has a 100% death rate. Its not airborns, and it incubates for something like 10 years.Plus, It mutates fast as heck, so thier will never be a cure. I dont know, but it seems like it was something to control an overpopulated species like us.

• On 2002-04-18 18:51, yourbuttocks wrote:
    Another killer that is on the rise is cancer. Because of the polution caused by an industrial society, and unhealthy diets, the cancer rate is going through the roof, and it’s going to continue to expand in 1st world nations like the U.S. faster than HIV is expanding in Africa. And Europe is so past it’s prime, they’re never be united enough, and apart they are weak.

Canada will be at war with America in 35 years…and lose. Just a prediction.

• Canada will go to the war with us. They cant be to happy that we bombed their men, but I ask you, how good can a country be if we cant distiguish them from the afghans??

• Why would Canada go to war with the U.S ?

1. The US is Canada’s closest and biggest ally.

2. The U.S. military is many times larger, more powerful, and more advanced.

3. Canada depends upon the US economically.

If the US wanted Canada, we could have them within weeks.

• On 2002-04-22 16:17, yourbuttocks wrote:
    Why would Canada go to war with the U.S ?

1. The US is Canada’s closest and biggest ally.

2. The U.S. military is many times larger, more powerful, and more advanced.

3. Canada depends upon the US economically.

If the US wanted Canada, we could have them within weeks.

True, the Canadian armed forces are in sad shape. It would be a cake walk, Canada is still using choppers from the 50s’. Brutal, its embarrassing.

If the US did attack Canada, They would have problems with Britain and the rest of the Commonwealth.

It will never happen though. There isnt much differnece between the 2 countries. If anything i can see Canada becoming part of the US.

• Dear god! I hope you people are joking, that’d be terrible. Canada as just another series of states? That would not stand. I’d also like to say something about the state of our military: it may be small (befitting a peaceful nation) but it is quite modern and is probably one of the more efficient in the world since the integration of the armed forces.

• On 2002-04-20 11:10, Gul’Dan wrote:
    Canada will go to the war with us. They cant be to happy that we bombed their men, but I ask you, how good can a country be if we cant distiguish them from the afghans??

Can distinguish from Afghans? guy, it was at night, the pilot was 30 000 feet in the air watching tracer fire, which he miss took for enemy fire. Have you ever seen a Canadian soldier?

• The soldiers died because of poor communication between the combined forces, there is no doubt to that.

About overpopulation, it kills. Our planet is dieing, we need to do something about it.

Contridict me, but if we don’t get into shape in the next 100 years we could go the same way as the dinosaurs.

• We wont over populate yanny, you dont have to worry about that. We will get into another war, or have a pandemic of TB or something.

• I think the youth movement in Canadawill conflict with the US…and they are next door.

• I think you mean epidemic. Sorry, I usually try to ignore the spelling on these forums, but pandemic?
    And Yanny, I don’t think we have 100 years, but I also don’t think we will go extinct. We will likely make nearly every other species on the planet extinct, but I’d say that a small percentage of humans will survive to trash the earth some more.

• The whole world be destroyed? is that possible? it seems like a fear we had throughout history…somewhere along the line someone has to say “the crap stops here.”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m