• My friend and I play to Axis revised edition and we cannot agree on something. It was evident for me that transports that are offloading tanks for example on an enemy ground zone are not in the combat, because they are on the sea. My friend say that because they offload units, they are in the ground combat and so they are destroyed if the attacker’s tanks lose the assault (because he cannot retreats). Who is right?

Whether you lose or win an Amphibious Assault your Transports are unneffected cause they never “entered” combat. Ask your friend if you ever got to roll for them (your transports)? If you think about it, it would be the worst waste of an 8 IPC unit to have lost it when you don’t even get to “fire” with it.

GG

• I totally agre with you, it’s just that my friend has for argument that they don’t fire even if you attack in a naval battle with them and they can be lose. Thanks for your answer  :-).

• If you read the rules, it says explicitly that naval units do NOT participate in amphib assault after the BB openning fire shot.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m