• Can a transport launch multiple amphibious assults from the same sz?

For example, I have two infantry on board but can strike two different
    land territories from the same sz. Can I send 1 inf into one territory,
    and 1 into the other, or does the attack have to be co-ordinated to the
    same place? Obviously any battleship support would only go to one place.

• Once a transport unloads it’s move is over (p. 16). This includes the transport remaining in the sea zone while unloading in two territories, as there would have to be movement within the sea zone in order to accomplish that. So, any one transport can only unload into one territory on any single turn.

• The rules state that once a transport unloads its cargo it’s move is over, but then goes on to give an example (under the ‘bridging’ heading) of a transport unloading in both Finland and Western Europe, with the remark 'if the UK controlled these territories.

Does that mean it can be done as a non-combat move, only in a bridging situation, at any point in the game when a in a sea-zone bordering two territories?

I suppose it could only be done as non-combat because once it unloads troops in one territory it is considered to have taken part in combat even though the transport itself can’t attack.

• 1. in the game, movement is considered as movement from one zone to another, not movement within a zone.

2. since combat moves are considered simultanious, i believe you could send the infantry to different zones if the zones are adjacent to the same sea zone.

• It depends who you are playing with. With all of the on-line clubs, it is allowable to unload into multiple territories in non-combat.

For the combat move, it varies between the clubs. The play by e-mail clubs (which mimic face to face rules the best) do not allow a transport to unload in multiple territories.

The CD clubs do let you unload into multiple territories during combat. However, they have allowed this because this is their way of dealing with one of the many bugs in the CD.

When I play with new players, this is one of the rules I get clarified before we start as it can be a pain to sort out later. As long as both parties are playing by the same interpretation, you should be okay.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m