• NYT prints what appears to be another “Gloom&Doom” Lie…

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/14/international/middleeast/14iraq.html?ei=5065&en=854d15b4d2ed6207&ex=1135227600&partner=MYWAY&pagewanted=print

EXCERPT
    "The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly, said the Iranian truck driver told the police under interrogation that at least three other trucks filled with ballots had crossed from Iran at different spots along the border.

The official, who did not attend the interrogation…"
    END EXCERPT

Notes : 1) Sources are not named. 2) The truck driver knows too much. 3)The UNIDENTIFIED official was not present at the interrrogation. 4) Less than one-third of the article is directly related to the title.

The lie exposed…
    http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=worldNews&storyid=2005-12-14T104900Z_01_SCH428961_RTRUKOC_0_US-IRAQ-ELECTION-BALLOTS.xml&rpc=22

EXCERPT
    “This is all a lie,” said Lieutenant General Ahmed al-Khafaji(the head of Iraq’s border guards), the chief of the U.S.-trained force which has responsibility for all Iraq’s borders.

“I heard this yesterday and I checked all the border crossings right away. The borders are all closed anyway.  I contacted all the border crossing points and there was no report of any such incident,” Khafaji told Reuters.

Interior Minister Bayan Jabor also denied the reports, which the New York Times ran prominently, quoting a single unnamed Interior Ministry source, and said it was an attempt to discredit the election process.

The (Defense)ministry denied any involvement."
    END EXCERPT

Note : 1) Sources are named. 2) Top officials of two different Iraq government agencies denied the report. The accused ministry(official unnamed) denied involvement. 3)Almost the entire article is directly related to the title.

• Well that’s just another reason to not believe everything in the press.
    My Mother In Law once said ( It must be true it was on the News )

Cheers
    Rob

• Has Dan Rathers started writing for the Times…? :roll:

• i think more of the Times writers should be put in jail.

• Just apply the same rule to ALL media sources that Neal Boortz tells listeners to apply to anything they here on his show or read on his website…

“Don’t believe anything you read on this web page, or, for that matter, anything you hear on The Neal Boortz Show, unless it is consistent with what you already know to be true, or unless you have taken the time to research the matter to prove its accuracy to your satisfaction.”  from boortz.com

Damn fine rule to apply to everything nowdays.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m