Sgt. Wonko's & TMTM's 1940 Global Module for ABattlemap

• Hmm…that’s odd. I haven’t seen it before myself.

The first thing I would recommend is to reinstall Abattlemap and then paste in the T40 folder again.

Have you heard of this happening before TMTM?

• @Sgt.:

Hmm…that’s odd. I haven’t seen it before myself.

The first thing I would recommend is to reinstall Abattlemap and then paste in the T40 folder again.

Have you heard of this happening before TMTM?

You used Holkann’s installer and placed T40.gim into the Abattlemap folder and closed and reopened Abattlemap and when to New and selected the module “Axis & Allies: Global 1940 Alpha+.2 AxisandAllies.us Version 3” and it messes up? Have you retried it after rebooting? Tell me about your computer… windows version and memory size etc

• When you click File - About… does it say 0.80 alpha1?

• @TMTM:

When you click File - About… does it say 0.80 alpha1?

That is what it says TM….however, I just got lucky. I downloaded IE9 the other day and still working on understanding how it works. It downloads files differently than what I am used to. It appears to me I had downloded your file twice and when I tried unzipping it, I kept getting conflicts. I ended up deleting the file from my download folder, then went and checked battlemap. I found the same rar folder already in my battlemap program, so I clicked on it and extracted there…and BINGO! Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good  :-D

It works great and looks fantastic! Kudos to both you and Wonko for all your work.

• Thanks! Glad everything’s working now.

• Hey Sarge I’m having trouble here. I mean I can play the game that it comes with but I can’t get your global to work for some reason. I have no clue how to either. I really need to know so I can teach my friends how to play.

• Hey Ryan, so you can’t get the game to start? Did you click New / Axis and Allies: Global 1940 Alpha+2 AxisandAllies.US Version 3?

When you click that does the map show up? Also, do you have Abattlemap Version 3 and did you paste the T40 folder into the main Abattlemap folder?

• I just want to say, it’s a beautiful map. Thanks to both Sgt. Wonko and TMTM. Keep up the good work and you just might be looking at staff sgt Wonko!

• HAHA! Ok nobody told me to paste anything  :lol:! I’ve been playing D-Day all day bye myself thinking “now why isn’t this working”. No its just not in the “new” tab. I have the latest version but I didn’t paste the file. Where is the main file i can’t seem to find it.

• @Geist:

I just want to say, it’s a beautiful map. Thanks to both Sgt. Wonko and TMTM. Keep up the good work and you just might be looking at staff sgt Wonko!

Thanks!  :-D

• @Pvt.Ryan:

HAHA! Ok nobody told me to paste anything  :lol:! I’ve been playing D-Day all day bye myself thinking “now why isn’t this working”. No its just not in the “new” tab. I have the latest version but I didn’t paste the file. Where is the main file i can’t seem to find it.

Yea, you have to paste the whole T40 folder into the main Abattlemap folder. Which is probably C: Program Files/Abattlemap. There’s going to be a bunch of folders with 3 character names. Those are the various mod folders. The T40 folder goes in the same place.

• Wow I’m an idiot. And I want to work with computers for a living too  :lol: haha all well. But now its in the module and still not working.

• @Pvt.Ryan:

Wow I’m an idiot. And I want to work with computers for a living too  :lol: haha all well. But now its in the module and still not working.

So you can’t see the start file in the New tab inside Abattlemap (Axis and Allies: Global 1940 Alpha+2 AxisandAllies.us Version 3)? That would mean that you possibly pasted it into the wrong section or didn’t paste all of the contents of the folder. You can always start again with a complete reinstall of Abattlemap using Holkann’s installer, and then extract and paste the T40 folder again.

Or post a screenshot of your Abattlemap folder, and T40 folder so that I can see what’s going on.

• Okay so I’ve got the thing in My documents and I copy and paste it to the AA folder but it doesn’t work. Its not a folder though its a Rar file. How do I unzip it?

• HAHA! YES! I’M A GENIUS! Never mind Sarge I got it working. Nice map by the way. Reall fine job. Say wanna start a game? I’m up for one. Also could we useNAs? Oztea has some good ones.

• Excellent job gents- Map is awesome!!! :-D

• @Pvt.Ryan:

HAHA! YES! I’M A GENIUS! Never mind Sarge I got it working. Nice map by the way. Reall fine job. Say wanna start a game? I’m up for one. Also could we useNAs? Oztea has some good ones.

Sorry, I have too many games going right now. My sleep is suffering  :-P

@questioneer:

Excellent job gents- Map is awesome!!! :-D

Glad you like it  :-)

• I’m experimenting with lowering the size of the map file to see if that has any effect on the mod crashing. It’s crashed a couple of times for me and I know that Stoney and SgtBlitz said that it crashed on them as well.

I’ve reduced the size of the file from 16 mb to 10 mb (Func’s is 7 mb). I’ve had it crash a total of 3 times so it’s a bit hard to be sure that this is going to be the fix since it happens pretty infrequently. If it seems to be the solution I’ll upload a new version with smaller image file sizes.

• @Sgt.:

I’m experimenting with lowering the size of the map file to see if that has any effect on the mod crashing. It’s crashed a couple of times for me and I know that Stoney and SgtBlitz said that it crashed on them as well.

I’ve reduced the size of the file from 16 mb to 10 mb (Func’s is 7 mb). I’ve had it crash a total of 3 times so it’s a bit hard to be sure that this is going to be the fix since it happens pretty infrequently. If it seems to be the solution I’ll upload a new version with smaller image file sizes.

I’ll bet the issue is with the larger size.

• @TMTM:

I’ll bet the issue is with the larger size.

I reduced the image from 24 bit to 16 bit so it doesn’t look as good but no problems yet. Maybe I’ll wait a week and see if everything’s stable.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m