Sgt. Wonko's & TMTM's 1940 Global Module for ABattlemap

• @TMTM:

When you click File - About… does it say 0.80 alpha1?

That is what it says TM….however, I just got lucky. I downloaded IE9 the other day and still working on understanding how it works. It downloads files differently than what I am used to. It appears to me I had downloded your file twice and when I tried unzipping it, I kept getting conflicts. I ended up deleting the file from my download folder, then went and checked battlemap. I found the same rar folder already in my battlemap program, so I clicked on it and extracted there…and BINGO! Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good  :-D

It works great and looks fantastic! Kudos to both you and Wonko for all your work.

• Thanks! Glad everything’s working now.

• Hey Sarge I’m having trouble here. I mean I can play the game that it comes with but I can’t get your global to work for some reason. I have no clue how to either. I really need to know so I can teach my friends how to play.

• Hey Ryan, so you can’t get the game to start? Did you click New / Axis and Allies: Global 1940 Alpha+2 AxisandAllies.US Version 3?

When you click that does the map show up? Also, do you have Abattlemap Version 3 and did you paste the T40 folder into the main Abattlemap folder?

• I just want to say, it’s a beautiful map. Thanks to both Sgt. Wonko and TMTM. Keep up the good work and you just might be looking at staff sgt Wonko!

• HAHA! Ok nobody told me to paste anything  :lol:! I’ve been playing D-Day all day bye myself thinking “now why isn’t this working”. No its just not in the “new” tab. I have the latest version but I didn’t paste the file. Where is the main file i can’t seem to find it.

• @Geist:

I just want to say, it’s a beautiful map. Thanks to both Sgt. Wonko and TMTM. Keep up the good work and you just might be looking at staff sgt Wonko!

Thanks!  :-D

• @Pvt.Ryan:

HAHA! Ok nobody told me to paste anything  :lol:! I’ve been playing D-Day all day bye myself thinking “now why isn’t this working”. No its just not in the “new” tab. I have the latest version but I didn’t paste the file. Where is the main file i can’t seem to find it.

Yea, you have to paste the whole T40 folder into the main Abattlemap folder. Which is probably C: Program Files/Abattlemap. There’s going to be a bunch of folders with 3 character names. Those are the various mod folders. The T40 folder goes in the same place.

• Wow I’m an idiot. And I want to work with computers for a living too  :lol: haha all well. But now its in the module and still not working.

• @Pvt.Ryan:

Wow I’m an idiot. And I want to work with computers for a living too  :lol: haha all well. But now its in the module and still not working.

So you can’t see the start file in the New tab inside Abattlemap (Axis and Allies: Global 1940 Alpha+2 AxisandAllies.us Version 3)? That would mean that you possibly pasted it into the wrong section or didn’t paste all of the contents of the folder. You can always start again with a complete reinstall of Abattlemap using Holkann’s installer, and then extract and paste the T40 folder again.

Or post a screenshot of your Abattlemap folder, and T40 folder so that I can see what’s going on.

• Okay so I’ve got the thing in My documents and I copy and paste it to the AA folder but it doesn’t work. Its not a folder though its a Rar file. How do I unzip it?

• HAHA! YES! I’M A GENIUS! Never mind Sarge I got it working. Nice map by the way. Reall fine job. Say wanna start a game? I’m up for one. Also could we useNAs? Oztea has some good ones.

• Excellent job gents- Map is awesome!!! :-D

• @Pvt.Ryan:

HAHA! YES! I’M A GENIUS! Never mind Sarge I got it working. Nice map by the way. Reall fine job. Say wanna start a game? I’m up for one. Also could we useNAs? Oztea has some good ones.

Sorry, I have too many games going right now. My sleep is suffering  :-P

@questioneer:

Excellent job gents- Map is awesome!!! :-D

Glad you like it  :-)

• I’m experimenting with lowering the size of the map file to see if that has any effect on the mod crashing. It’s crashed a couple of times for me and I know that Stoney and SgtBlitz said that it crashed on them as well.

I’ve reduced the size of the file from 16 mb to 10 mb (Func’s is 7 mb). I’ve had it crash a total of 3 times so it’s a bit hard to be sure that this is going to be the fix since it happens pretty infrequently. If it seems to be the solution I’ll upload a new version with smaller image file sizes.

• @Sgt.:

I’m experimenting with lowering the size of the map file to see if that has any effect on the mod crashing. It’s crashed a couple of times for me and I know that Stoney and SgtBlitz said that it crashed on them as well.

I’ve reduced the size of the file from 16 mb to 10 mb (Func’s is 7 mb). I’ve had it crash a total of 3 times so it’s a bit hard to be sure that this is going to be the fix since it happens pretty infrequently. If it seems to be the solution I’ll upload a new version with smaller image file sizes.

I’ll bet the issue is with the larger size.

• @TMTM:

I’ll bet the issue is with the larger size.

I reduced the image from 24 bit to 16 bit so it doesn’t look as good but no problems yet. Maybe I’ll wait a week and see if everything’s stable.

• yeah mine crashed too- let me know when the reduced mod is ready.

• I reduced the file size and it still crashed on me, only once, but still I don’t want it to crash at all. So now I’m looking at some other things as well. I’m going to decrease the files size even further and see what happens.

• Any updates on this yet???  I wanna be able to finish and start some more games.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m