• I’m wondering does the J3 india crush work in G40 with the alpha set up? If so how? and if not why?

Thanks

• It’s, thankfully, not possible due to the reduction of planes, transport, and the fact that you don’t want the US to enter the war on turn 1

• @calvinhobbesliker:

It’s, thankfully, not possible due to the reduction of planes, transport, and the fact that you don’t want the US to enter the war on turn 1

Attacking UK doesn’t bring America into the war though. I agree the reduction in planes and trans make it harder to preform but I’m wondering if there is still a way maybe with Mnr in FIC and Shanghai.

• @The:

@calvinhobbesliker:

It’s, thankfully, not possible due to the reduction of planes, transport, and the fact that you don’t want the US to enter the war on turn 1

Attacking UK doesn’t bring America into the war though. I agree the reduction in planes and trans make it harder to preform but I’m wondering if there is still a way maybe with Mnr in FIC and Shanghai.

Unless UK declares war first, it does bring the US in. Not everyone is going to do what I did

• @The:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I think attacking UK does bring US into the war.

J3 crush isn’t feasible, because, I tend to find you need to be able to have all your plans able to hit India. This requires you to be able to hold Yunaan against an attack from quite a few British men and arti ( or have Sri Lanka to be able to land your planes in. I found that you can take India with pretty good odds 2 turns after you attack. You need the dosh for the DEI, so that is a priority, but after three rounds of prepping, you can have about 8-9 transports of men able to hit India with the planes (although realistically, you’ll probably not use all of them). Another problem is that the Indian navy can be used fairy well to block.

• You can easily eliminate Brit navy but annoying thing is the DD builds

• I have often wondered what the reason for crushing India is? It is easier and less resource draining to simply have them turtled in their capital and unable to move anywhere but away from Japan. I find this type of tactic allows Japan to pigeon hole India and then move on to other targets faster. It is very easy to get India down to making a single infantry every turn or less and then crush them when you can slowly build up or have them get annoyed at being useless and do something that costs them their capital.

• @Blitchga:

I have often wondered what the reason for crushing India is? It is easier and less resource draining to simply have them turtled in their capital and unable to move anywhere but away from Japan. I find this type of tactic allows Japan to pigeon hole India and then move on to other targets faster. It is very easy to get India down to making a single infantry every turn or less and then crush them when you can slowly build up or have them get annoyed at being useless and do something that costs them their capital.

They may decide to walk into Africa

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Blitchga:

I have often wondered what the reason for crushing India is? It is easier and less resource draining to simply have them turtled in their capital and unable to move anywhere but away from Japan. I find this type of tactic allows Japan to pigeon hole India and then move on to other targets faster. It is very easy to get India down to making a single infantry every turn or less and then crush them when you can slowly build up or have them get annoyed at being useless and do something that costs them their capital.

I have found that then they get stuck between the Japanese and Italians then. They may cause some damage but ultimately lose eveyrthing.

• @Blitchga:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Blitchga:

I have found that then they get stuck between the Japanese and Italians then. They may cause some damage but ultimately lose eveyrthing.

Then march them into Russia

• Which Germany is pushing into not to mention the italians then cutting of their escape route

• @The:

Which Germany is pushing into not to mention the italians then cutting of their escape route

The route is India-West India-East persia-Turkmenistan. I doubt the Italians and Japs will be that far, unless Germany did a Sealion which prevented UK for using the SAf factory to drive the Its out of the middle East

• Or the Brits failed Tarantino

• We call that the Quentin raid

• @The:

Or the Brits failed Tarantino

It’s Taranto

• Doesn’t matter what its called as long as the italians win

• lol, I just find that India can be pigeon holed and to do so is often more advantageous.

• @Blitchga:

lol, I just find that India can be pigeon holed and to do so is often more advantageous.

Well, India is worth 8 ipcs to Japan. If you are not in position to take it, I may move them West

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Blitchga:

lol, I just find that India can be pigeon holed and to do so is often more advantageous.

Well, India is worth 8 ipcs to Japan. If you are not in position to take it, I may move them West

true but I tend to move in position to take it IF they move out of Calcutta. Don’t get me wrong, it is still the first capital that I tend to aim for as the axis but I do not attempt to take it by turn 3 or anything insanely fast as I find it hurts my overall strategy when I play Japan

• @The:

Doesn’t matter what its called as long as the italians win

It’s not really important,
    but Taranto is my town, most important italian navy base since 1920.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m