• So….I got really drunk with the guy I play 1942 with and I made a random bet that screws me over for our next match. Basically, I forfeit my first German turn in round one. I know, dumb bet. So here I am, asking for advice in this situation. I figure…after I get owned by Russia AND the UK I’ll mass up infantry and some subs to try and cut my losses. I also think that I’ll have to be extra aggressive with Japan and see what I can do to get in the med and seriously pressure Russia. Any thoughts?

• Advice: Don’t get drunk and make bets! Haha…

Should be interesting. Are you able to collect your income and use it the next turn, or just basically skip Germanys first turn and G1 will really be G2. I think you’ll still be fine, It won’t make much of a difference in my opinion.

• No, I cannot collect income. And I am worried about the UK now having a scary navy to dominant the Mediterranean, Atlantic, and Baltic. I figure my G2 turn will be all defensive and my J1 and J2 moves will be aggressive. It should be interesting…though I have yet to lose to this opponent.

• Let’s see, UK can kill both the Baltic and Med fleets(Med with DD, CC, ftr, bmr), fortify egypt,

• Meanwhile, Russia will have taken Norway, Belorussia, West Russia, Ukraine and Balkans or East europe

• @Concealer:

So….I got really drunk with the guy I play 1942 with and I made a random bet that screws me over for our next match. Basically, I forfeit my first German turn in round one. I know, dumb bet. So here I am, asking for advice in this situation. I figure…after I get owned by Russia AND the UK I’ll mass up infantry and some subs to try and cut my losses. I also think that I’ll have to be extra aggressive with Japan and see what I can do to get in the med and seriously pressure Russia. Any thoughts?

There’s one variant of the game which is for all powers to skip the Combat round of turn 1. They still can purchase units and make non-combat moves (but enemy surface ships will block movement).

Perhaps you could propose it instead to your friend instead of such a game since you’ll get owned by the UK.

• I doubt he will go for it but I can try. I should also mention that my opponent has yet to beat me. We have played maybe 5 times and he always wants to be the allies. Every time I win and usually handily. I think I will be fine with just purchasing infantry and maybe a couple subs… the plan is to get Japan as beefy as possible. Hold out with Germany and dominate with Japan, or at least I hope.

• It will be hard to get afloat after you take a hit from both the soviaets AND the tommies, so massing lots of infantry and subs like you said, would probably be your best bet. Also try and salvage as much of the luftwaffe as possible, and station them an your border territories. Hey, I may be a noob, but I’ve had my fair share of bad luck with this game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m