• @Clyde85:

I had a game of A&A50 where I was playig as the allies, and my buddy, as Japan, was attacking Chinese positions in Fukien, which had 2 infantry. My friend attacked with 3infantry 1 artillery a fighter and a naval bombardment. The naval bombardment missed and in his first round he only hit once, and I hit back twice. By the 3rd or 4th round of combat, the entire Japanese invasion force had been wiped out.

I felt as though I was channeling the spirt of Chiang Kai-shek as I was rolling

LoL good story

• I also recall a game of AA50 in which someone playing as Britian left 1 infantry and a fighter in England, and somehow left an opening for the 2 remaining German surfaceships(cruiser and transport) to pull off an Operation Sealion with 1infantry and a tank!

@Clyde85:

I also recall a game of AA50 in which someone playing as Britian left 1 infantry and a fighter in England, and somehow left an opening for the 2 remaining German surfaceships(cruiser and transport) to pull off an Operation Sealion with 1infantry and a tank!

I hate those! Annoying buggers…

GG

• @Clyde85:

I also recall a game of AA50 in which someone playing as Britian left 1 infantry and a fighter in England, and somehow left an opening for the 2 remaining German surfaceships(cruiser and transport) to pull off an Operation Sealion with 1infantry and a tank!

No planes?

• I was playing a game of Revised. Japan had done really well early on in the game and had taken the eastern Soviet territories, India, Australia, New Zealand, Madagascar, South Africa, Rhodesia, and Italian East Africa. They had several transports ferrying infantry between their colonial possessions, so the UK made a point of sinking their navy. They sent their battleship and aircraft carrier and transport from the start of the game and attacked the Japanese fleet of mainly transports and a CV off of Madagascar and destroyed them. Then they used their transport to retake most of the territories that they lost. Right before the Japanese fleet died, however, they had left a single infantry on Madagascar, so the UK sent their transport with an inf and tank, with the BB to bombard, to clear the territory. The BB missed, as did the land forces, and the inf had two successful rolls and destroyed both land units. The british tried again the next turn, attacking with an art and inf this time, again with the BB. All UK misses and 2 Japanese hits. The third time the UK deployed the same forces with assistance from a fighter. This time, all of the UK missed their first roll and the Japanese hit, killing the infantry. The second time, the British finally hit, but not without another japanese hit. Finally having enough, the UK player took the hit on his fighter and took the territory with his art. It took 28 UK ipcs to kill 3 japanese and take over a 1 ipc territory. (sorry for the long story :-D)

Grizzly,
      That one cracked me up! Reminds me of another story I remember. The Japanese in Revised attacked the lone British Destroyer off Kwangtung. It took out like 2 fighters out of 3 fighters and a bomber before they sunk it. Some pieces must come out of the plastic molds with magnetic abilities.

GG

• @Guerrilla:

Grizzly,
       That one cracked me up! Reminds me of another story I remember. The Japanese in Revised attacked the lone British Destroyer off Kwangtung. It took out like 2 fighters out of 3 fighters and a bomber before they sunk it. Some pieces must come out of the plastic molds with magnetic abilities.

GG

I love the players that are easily distracted by the strangest of things. I played with a guy, who always wanted to do things ‘his way’ and liked nothing that was out of place. As the U.S.S.R, I was able to move my sub to South Africa and on to the Pacific to harass the Japanese. His entire focus, as Germany, turned to destroying the sub.

We named the sub the Red October.

• In Pac 40 I attacked 2 Japanese subs with 2 ANZAC subs in seperate sea zones. I rolled for my sub and missed. My opponent rolled and got the 1 and killed me. Next battle, I missed with my sub and my opponent rolled another 1. Guess what happened when I attacked one of his subs the next turn with my cruiser?

• '12

I was playing a game of Classic about 20 years ago as the Axis.  My brother sent 2 US bombers on SBRs over Germany and 2 more over Japan (don’t think they were heavy bombers, but that would have made the story better).  My AA defence rolls? 2 sets of snake eyes!! Boy was he ticked.

In another game of Classic, I was the USA and I decided to spend 30 IPC on tech rolls on turn 1. 5 sixes!!! So I just rolled one more die to see what tech I didn’t get. Another 6!  This totally took the wind out of my sails as all I really wanted was heavy bombers!

On the subject of Soviet battleships.  That’s exactly what my friend bought on his first turn of his first game, despite advice.  It was gone by his turn 2 along with Karalia and Caucasas.

McMan, gotta hate those Japanese subs!

Moralecheck, beastly… I was truly LOL’d when I read about your tech roll result… It was instant karma!

If people have any more please post! I am seriously thinking about sticky-ing this topic…

GG

• In a 1942 game, Russia stacked Bury with 6 inf. I as Japan attacked with 4 inf, art, tank, bmr.
    Round 1 : I got 1 hit, he got 3
    Round 2 : I got 1 hit, he got 0
    Round 3:  I got 1 hit, he got 1(all my inf are dead for 3 of his inf)
    Round 4:  I got 1 hit, he got 3 hits(all of his inf hit, killing all my units)

His inf hit 7/18 times(normal) but my troops sucked.

• Its a ‘Revised’ story of a German attack on Moscow. Mainly a stack of tanks with air support.

Moscow AA gun rolled for about 9-10 planes if I remember well, and rolled 8 (EIGHT) ones. The attack failed (just).
    I also remember once rolling for 13 infantry in attack, scoring 10 hits but also strategic bombing of Moscow with 3 Japanese bombers only to have all three shot down.

For a time, I kept track of how my units tended to do throughout the game. My infantry scored as good as my tanks. Fighters couldn’t hit anything and enemy transports get 30-35% hits in revised.

The dice can do crazy things.

• Moscow AA gun rolled for about 9-10 planes if I remember well, and rolled 8 (EIGHT) ones. The attack failed (just).

8 out of 9 hits? That hurts. I remember in a game of revised for the first 4-5 rounds EVERY AA gun on the board missed every single shot they took, except the India AA gun, which hit every time. The Japanese tried to invade India 3 times but kept loosing their air support and retreated after one combat round. Everyone was strategic bombing everyone else without any problems from the AA guns, but the India gun was shooting everything down. I think AA guns have a mind of their own

• Classic Axis

Round 1 I built a Russian aircraft carrier so UK could just build Transports first turn. Allied planes landed on it and I won.

It was insult to injury….I built the AC and won! :)

I still bring it up to my old time buddies at times.

This thread is funny and enlightening! I am going to sticky it… I love the last story! I heard someone else doing that, they didn’t quite meet the same fate though, but hey it happens… Maybe I should have called it the “Soviet AC”.

GG

• Look at this game:http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=20109.0
    My opponent had bad luck, losing the entire Italian fleet and airforce, and losing a battle of London.

• india, pacific 1940
    23 dice on 2 with brits, no hits ^^

• I don’t get why this is sticky

Just cause I like the thread, it is the crazy stories of Axis and Allies. if Djensen says it is not worth stickying so be it… So petition away, no hard feelings if you do.
    GG

• @Guerrilla:

Just cause I like the thread, it is the crazy stories of Axis and Allies. if Djensen says it is not worth stickying so be it… So petition away, no hard feelings if you do.
    GG

You’ve pretty much killed the thread.  :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m