• @Wilson2:

@Dylan:

So a game with a Russian battleship, alright.

Spring 42: I was US and UK, we were playing total war and Germany’s Luftwaffe was too big now for Britain to reestablish the Royal Navy, the US navy came, but after some bad rolls also got murdered; but it left the Luftwaffe weak, and Germany were now trying to focus on Russia which was getting crippled by the Japanese, but Russia go’s ahead counter attacks Japan, and Germany while the navy was going on, builds a navy and go’s to the Baltic and sends 2 inf per turn at Germany, just to weaken me, and had many ships bombarding and Germany fell after many turns of doing so.

If that’s what you want there you go.

I don’t understand. Germany attacking itself?

When I put me that was a typo.

@Axisgirl:

Once in AA Pacific 40. I had completely taken Austrialia. Except for New Zealand. I had 4 Bombers in Carolines,And I figured it would be a quick battle. I rolled all 6’s. And He rolled 1. I tried again, and again. Each time was more futile then the last. I lost ALL 4 Bombers to some stupid Infantry in NEW ZEALAND! aarrgh!

no… way! I’d want to punch a wall at that point.  :-o

GG

• @Axisgirl:

Once in AA Pacific 40. I had completely taken Austrialia. Except for New Zealand. I had 4 Bombers in Carolines,And I figured it would be a quick battle. I rolled all 6’s. And He rolled 1. I tried again, and again. Each time was more futile then the last. I lost ALL 4 Bombers to some stupid Infantry in NEW ZEALAND! aarrgh!

Wow, thats rough.

bump.

Another one I thought of, from a game of Risk:

One time I broke through my brother’s “front line” and started slaughtering his “1 soldier territories”, getting about 3 territories before I had to stop to get more troops. I placed like 35 soldiers on that territory I broke through with, and decided to finish off all those poor soldiers. I lost like 5 soldiers per territory, seizing Africa but totally losing the initiative. I forgot who won but it ticked me off to no end, him and his lucky Risk rolls!

GG

• In Risk I rarely try to take Australia as a base at the beginning of a game, it’s to isolated, I rather be in the mix of things.

However, on this day I decided to take Australia. I had China, Siam, Indonesia and both Australia. New Guinea defended by three enemy armies was all that stood in my way.

On my first turn I place a decent force to take care of New Guinea, I had close to 8-10 units. My attack failed to remove the enemy. For all my losses I only took one defending piece.

On turn two I place another decent force of five reinforcements. This all out attack only took one piece.

Round three I failed to take his one piece. Just one enemy piece…

Round four I mass everything I have and attack. After half my force was gone, I walked in New Guinea a broken humbled man. I had lost 10 units for every one I took.

To this day, whenever the buddies get together for Risk, the term NEW GUINEA has a symbolic meaning.

• @ABWorsham:

In Risk I rarely try to take Australia as a base at the beginning of a game, it’s to isolated, I rather be in the mix of things.

However, on this day I decided to take Australia. I had China, Siam, Indonesia and both Australia. New Guinea defended by three enemy armies was all that stood in my way.

On my first turn I place a decent force to take care of New Guinea, I had close to 8-10 units. My attack failed to remove the enemy. For all my losses I only took one defending piece.

On turn two I place another decent force of five reinforcements. This all out attack only took one piece.

Round three I failed to take his one piece. Just one enemy piece…

Round four I mass everything I have and attack. After half my force was gone, I walked in New Guinea a broken humbled man. I had lost 10 units for every one I took.

To this day, whenever the buddies get together for Risk, the term NEW GUINEA has a symbolic meaning.

In risk, I build up North America, starting with Alaska, and then down my way, and I take Iceland, but nothing else in Europe (sometimes Scandinavia)

I then fight to get control of all North America and build up Iceland like crazy

Then I travel down to South America and again build up Iceland.

I then start to move into Africa and take control of Europe

Also if I ever get attacked from Asia I push them out, also if someone has all of Asia, I move somewhat into Asia.

Then once I have Africa I fight in the Asia Europe and Africa border.

Once I get down in Asia (usually from Kamchatka)

Then I get control of China and India, wait for a counter attack, then push them in!
    :-D

• I was playing a four player LHTR Revised game with friends. We rolled dice to determine NA’s, one per nation. Allied NA’s were what I called at the time the KJF combo meal: Non-Aggression Treaty, Colonial Garrison(India), and Chinese Divisions(Sinkiang factory, I think). Japan left Tokyo vulnerable to a favorable US attack but it was still uncertain. The US fleet from Solomons moved up and attacked with 4 inf, 4 fighters, bb shot. Japan’s aa gun claimed a plane. Then the US fires. My fighters were okay but my infantry went 4/4. That sealed the battle and the game.

Your infantry went 4/4? What do you mean… Sorry didn’t catch it…

• @Guerrilla:

Your infantry went 4/4? What do you mean… Sorry didn’t catch it…

All 4 infantry hit

• I love this topic. Good discussion.

Agreed… C’mon, for those people that have played the game a million times more than I, you’ve gotta have stories!

GG

• We all have had the experience playing a match with a beginner who has luck at every role. Then hubris pays a visit.

• When I played Revised as Germany, 1 transport and 1 tank were able to take, in the following order, Egypt, Madagascar, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, and Eastern Canada

• I had a game of A&A50 where I was playig as the allies, and my buddy, as Japan, was attacking Chinese positions in Fukien, which had 2 infantry. My friend attacked with 3infantry 1 artillery a fighter and a naval bombardment. The naval bombardment missed and in his first round he only hit once, and I hit back twice. By the 3rd or 4th round of combat, the entire Japanese invasion force had been wiped out.

I felt as though I was channeling the spirt of Chiang Kai-shek as I was rolling

• @Clyde85:

I had a game of A&A50 where I was playig as the allies, and my buddy, as Japan, was attacking Chinese positions in Fukien, which had 2 infantry. My friend attacked with 3infantry 1 artillery a fighter and a naval bombardment. The naval bombardment missed and in his first round he only hit once, and I hit back twice. By the 3rd or 4th round of combat, the entire Japanese invasion force had been wiped out.

I felt as though I was channeling the spirt of Chiang Kai-shek as I was rolling

LoL good story

• I also recall a game of AA50 in which someone playing as Britian left 1 infantry and a fighter in England, and somehow left an opening for the 2 remaining German surfaceships(cruiser and transport) to pull off an Operation Sealion with 1infantry and a tank!

@Clyde85:

I also recall a game of AA50 in which someone playing as Britian left 1 infantry and a fighter in England, and somehow left an opening for the 2 remaining German surfaceships(cruiser and transport) to pull off an Operation Sealion with 1infantry and a tank!

I hate those! Annoying buggers…

GG

• @Clyde85:

I also recall a game of AA50 in which someone playing as Britian left 1 infantry and a fighter in England, and somehow left an opening for the 2 remaining German surfaceships(cruiser and transport) to pull off an Operation Sealion with 1infantry and a tank!

No planes?

• I was playing a game of Revised. Japan had done really well early on in the game and had taken the eastern Soviet territories, India, Australia, New Zealand, Madagascar, South Africa, Rhodesia, and Italian East Africa. They had several transports ferrying infantry between their colonial possessions, so the UK made a point of sinking their navy. They sent their battleship and aircraft carrier and transport from the start of the game and attacked the Japanese fleet of mainly transports and a CV off of Madagascar and destroyed them. Then they used their transport to retake most of the territories that they lost. Right before the Japanese fleet died, however, they had left a single infantry on Madagascar, so the UK sent their transport with an inf and tank, with the BB to bombard, to clear the territory. The BB missed, as did the land forces, and the inf had two successful rolls and destroyed both land units. The british tried again the next turn, attacking with an art and inf this time, again with the BB. All UK misses and 2 Japanese hits. The third time the UK deployed the same forces with assistance from a fighter. This time, all of the UK missed their first roll and the Japanese hit, killing the infantry. The second time, the British finally hit, but not without another japanese hit. Finally having enough, the UK player took the hit on his fighter and took the territory with his art. It took 28 UK ipcs to kill 3 japanese and take over a 1 ipc territory. (sorry for the long story :-D)

Grizzly,
      That one cracked me up! Reminds me of another story I remember. The Japanese in Revised attacked the lone British Destroyer off Kwangtung. It took out like 2 fighters out of 3 fighters and a bomber before they sunk it. Some pieces must come out of the plastic molds with magnetic abilities.

GG

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m