• I have destroyer blocking a sea route. We are not at war yet. Can Japan’s fleet move thru the destroyer to attack as if the destroyer was never there?

When Kamikazes are activated, if a carrier takes two hits from them and sinks, do the planes go down with the carrier? or are they in the air with no place to land?

• Official Q&A

Welcome, tgardner57!

@tgardner57:

I have destroyer blocking a sea route. We are not at war yet. Can Japan’s fleet move thru the destroyer to attack as if the destroyer was never there?

If Japan is attacking you, no.  In order to attack, Japan must declare war at the beginning of the Combat Move phase.  This will make the sea zone containing your destroyer immediately hostile.

If Japan is attacking your ally, maybe.  It can declare war on your ally without declaring war on you and still pass through your destroyer.  However, UK and ANZAC are exceptions, as a declaration of war on one is a declaration on the other.  Also, Japan may not attack Dutch territories without first declaring war on UK/ANZAC.

See the FAQ for more information.

@tgardner57:

When Kamikazes are activated, if a carrier takes two hits from them and sinks, do the planes go down with the carrier? or are they in the air with no place to land?

Being a defensive action, kamikaze may only be used on Allied turns.  This means that carrier aircraft will be in the air when the kamikaze strike.  They will have their remaining movement to try to find another place to land after the battle.

The exception is air units on a carrier that belong to an ally.  Since it is not their turn, they are cargo and will go down with the ship (or be trapped on board if the carrier takes only one hit).

• One follow up question…

As Japan, I took control of the dutch territories by force. The Americans liberated
    them later in the game. Do the americans get points off these territories or is it India or Anzac?

• @tgardner57:

One follow up question…

As Japan, I took control of the dutch territories by force. The Americans liberated
    them later in the game. Do the americans get points off these territories or is it India or Anzac?

Which ever ally has it get the money.

• Official Q&A

Other than the UK/ANZAC ability to take control of them peacefully, they are treated as territories whose capital is in enemy hands.  Whoever captures them from Japan will have control of them.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m