• '10

Haven’t done anything recently.  Played on it a few times. My goal is to have complete when Europe comes out.  I got a couple months.

• Customizer

Any updates yet?

• '10

Any updates yet?

no updates.  i just bought a house so other things have been on my mind.  the only thing i plan on doing is staining, so once i get some free time, that is on my list

• Wow, this table is so awesome. Very inspiring.

• '12

This is the single nicest AA toy I have ever seen.  Very well done!

• '10

This is the single nicest AA toy I have ever seen.  Very well done!

Wow, this table is so awesome. Very inspiring.

Thank you

• I know you’ve heard this johnnymarr, but I wanted to say it too… great job!

• This is awesome and I am now envisioning my own table when I can afford to buy the material.

One suggestion is similar to what IL said and that is to paint the bottom. Make it smooth and easy to clean and maybe even waterproof so that spills won’t soak into the wood. Also, when you set up a game you can put some stand-offs under the game board. These will raise it up, and with the plexiglass on top, the boards should be completely protected from the occasional disaster.

I speak from personal experience. A comment was made during a game that caused a fountain of Root Beer to spray from a friends mouth evenly across the dining room. Fortunatley he managed to turn away from the game and I didn’t have to unfriend him. Since then I have wrapped my older boards in clear contact paper.

• '10

I know you’ve heard this johnnymarr, but I wanted to say it too… great job!

This is awesome and I am now envisioning my own table when I can afford to buy the material.

thank you

One suggestion is similar to what IL said and that is to paint the bottom. Make it smooth and easy to clean and maybe even waterproof so that spills won’t soak into the wood. Also, when you set up a game you can put some stand-offs under the game board. These will raise it up, and with the plexiglass on top, the boards should be completely protected from the occasional disaster.

I speak from personal experience. A comment was made during a game that caused a fountain of Root Beer to spray from a friends mouth evenly across the dining room. Fortunatley he managed to turn away from the game and I didn’t have to unfriend him. Since then I have wrapped my older boards in clear contact paper.

i’m currently putting a rubber grip on the bottom of the table to keep the gameboards in place.  I also have a piece of plexiglass to protect the gameboards and to get rid of the creases.  I do not allow beverages or food on or near the table

• Yeah I’m the same way, we have a TV tray beside the table where the drinks and food sit.

• thats sooo cool,im gonna have to buy a new shed 10x12 just to fit a table big enough to play global and have a little space for people to move,cos i have no room in the house

• I just finished the structural portion of my Global table last night. It’s basically just four 2X4s nailed in a rectangle over a sheet of plywood. I bought some dark green felt to cover the wood with (kind of a pool table feel), and I got a sheet of plexiglass that we’ll use to cover the whole set-up when not in use. This way it functions as a coffee table too – albeit one with a raging world war just below the surface :)

Oh, and I bought a couple of long wooden dowels and glued little rectangular pieces of balsa wood to them to make those little rakes that generals use in the war room in war movies.

I’ll post pictures when we’re all finished.

• First, Fantastic table. Second, I now have a project for winter :-) . I just finished making my 42 board and I am going to make a Global map. SO it makes sense to make a gaming table. Again, Great Job!!!

• '10

Thanks.  I have pictures of the completed table in a different thread in the Global section (seeing as though it’s a Global table)

• This is really, really impressive. How long did it take you to make?

• '10

2-3 days for the table itself.  Another 2-3 days for the woodburning.

• yo can you pm me some specs. i want to coppy your work

• '12

@cminke:

yo can you pm me some specs. i want to coppy your work

yo, not even a “please”?  :-o

• iv siad if before so i’ll say it again PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE give me some specks i neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed this table. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :wink:

• @cminke:

iv siad if before so i’ll say it again PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE give me some specks i neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed this table. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :wink:

You know you could probably design one yourself. Since I don’t have a table large enough to handle this game that is probably what I am going to do.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m