• Has anyone else every tried takeing south america and puting a complex there? It takes power away from your europian theater but it gives you a place to attack america from and distracts them as well. If you put a complex there and build it up itll be hard to take.

• @Wa:

Has anyone else every tried takeing south america and puting a complex there? It takes power away from your europian theater but it gives you a place to attack america from and distracts them as well. If you put a complex there and build it up itll be hard to take.

Usually that is a bad idea for the Axis. Any IC on Brazil can only build 3 units and the US can far outproduce it and eventually retake it. The only chance would be for Japan to move the entire fleet there and then dropping 1 AC and 2 fighters but that would essentially no money spent against Russia.

• I do not think that Germany should spend its energy on taking Brazil.  Germany must be occupied with Russia and the U.K.  Also, Germany can disrupt the U.S. and its convoy system just as easily from W. Europe and N. Africa as it can from Brazil.  However, I do think that Japan can take Brazil with its initial fleet and thus not divert funds from Russia and also put pressure on the U.S. convoy line.  I will go into a detailed plan for this in a post that I will write in a week or two.

• one trick i like doing is putting 4 tanks in brazil though…it serves as a fun distraction.

• I do that all the time!  :-D  :-D

• I’ve tried it a couple of times but only on not serious games.

• I played a game where Germany got to take West Indies and Brazil… and held it till i built and went after it… interesting game it worked well enough to force me to buy units to get those territs back which caused some delays

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m