• i know how to play with 2nd and 3rd edition rules but where did the 1st go?

• 2007 AAR League

I think the first edition rules stopped coming out after they redid the game. If I’m wrong someone please correct me. However, I’m not sure and I wouldn’t know where to find them.

• i would like to now also, does any body what the Commander rules are in the 1st edition?

• all I know is what I have heard. For instance, naval units could go in costal regions (like diplomacy) Which was weird since battleships could attack infantry. Also, alled forces could attack together, while historical, gives the allies a huge edge.

• Was it 1st Ed, or even in the predeseccor of A&A that the Heavy Bomber Tech actually was called labelled something like Nukes?

I think it was the game that A&A evolved from (though more by change of name than by most of the rules).

• @F_alk:

Was it 1st Ed, or even in the predeseccor of A&A that the Heavy Bomber Tech actually was called labelled something like Nukes?

I think it was the game that A&A evolved from (though more by change of name than by most of the rules).

Are you refering to Axis & Allies by Nova Games?

• I am not sure :) …. it’s something i read in a Fanzine sometime somewhere

• 1. Commander in Chief and joint attack

This is one of those rules that is historically accurate and even makes sense but realistically in the game you can’t have it in for the reasons S_U_D defined. It would be cool if you could find a way to do it, but it would require tweaking of the game in some other way otherwise Germany is toast after T3 at the latest.

I forget if anyone mentioned this before, but did anyone used to play Command HQ back in the day on the computer? That was real time and all units were linked to one side (Axis or Allied) so basically you could move the Japanese fleet to wherever and attack with German infantry at the same time since they were all the same untis. I think that’s the way something like this would have to go: it would still be Axis and Allies but it would be exactly that… one side is Axis (no national differentiation) and one side Allies.

That said, I like A&A the way it is and wouldn’t favour changing it to that but it’s just something to think about.

• Yeah apparently the hurricaine also hit my brain last night when I forgot to log in before posting the above… :oops:

• …rules that is historically accurate and even makes sense…

Ummm……there is no way that Stalin would have put his forces under the command of the US or UK, or vice versa. Remember, after the Germans surrendered a large portion of the US military wanted to keep going to Moscow. Wisely they decided not to.

As far as the factories go, they are one of the most unrealistic parts of the game. The UK builds a factory in Persia and starts cranking out armor, not to mention aircraft carriers and battleships? Not an easy task.

Not playing by these rules is essential, as SUD said. I remember using them back in the dark ages and I could beat the axis without using the US at all. Russia holds off Germany while the UK pounds Japan and then turns back west and Russia and the UK run over Germany.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m