Bad News, Good News… How about ANY News!

• @SgtBlitz:

@allboxcars:

Actually, personally I’ve never had a problem with the idea of Ottawa being a VC.
    It’s an absolute pain to capture sure but… realistically what else would have made the US throw in the towel? 
    Cairo?

Not to say Cairo shouldn’t be a VC but c’mon comparing the strategic impact… one you’re losing sleep about oil field IPCs and the Suez but the other… man you might as well start checking Amazon.com for discount English-German dictionaries!

Meh, gives more reasons for the Allies to put troops in the center of the board rather than exist on the fringes…  The US still had awesome production advantages but if you’d have cut the Middle Eastern oil supplies to the Allies it should be reflected somehow in game.  Canada?  How in hell are the Axis realistically supposed to take and hold that for a turn?  You got both Britain and the US right there.  Canada should not be the final say on how a game ends…  “With the seizure of Ottawa, the Allied powers have conceded to the military superiority of the Axis powers and have declared a ceasefire…”  Right.

build industries in Alaska and Brazil (Japan and Italy) and take UK first then the US are alone to defend Ottawa

• @oztea:

Id like to see 12 victory cities

Washington
    Ottawa
    London
    Paris
    Berlin
    Warsaw
    Rome
    Lenningrad
    Stalingrad
    Moscow
    Cairo
    Bucharest

Making the global game total 20, The axis needing to take 14 for a minor victory, 16 for a major victory and 18 for a crushing defeat

Id also like to see a rule that if London is taken, ANZAC and Canada continue to operate normaly

Nice thinking i would choose

1. New York - USA
    2. Toronto - UK/Canada
    3. London - UK
    4. Cairo - UK
    5. Rome - Italy
    6. Berlin - Germany
    7. Paris - France
    8. Moscow - USSR
    9. Tripoli - Italy
    10. Leningrad or Stalingrad - USSR
    11. Warsaw - Germany
    12. Dunkirk - France
    13. Chicago - USA
    14. Some other place? (I know thats 14)

• So the game was played. and guess what NO PICTURES WERE RELEASED?! whats up with that? why tell me they are playing it if we dont get any leaked pix like last time! I would like something to look forward to. not some hope that some guy out there is doing something i can only speculate about

• @idk_iam_swiss:

So the game was played. and guess what NO PICTURES WERE RELEASED?! whats up with that? why tell me they are playing it if we dont get any leaked pix like last time! I would like something to look forward to. not some hope that some guy out there is doing something i can only speculate about

Where did you get your intel that the game was actually played?

• ah my fault… i misread it. It says that the game was being played at the spring gathering. but then the postponed it till august…so my nerd rage was unjustified

• Sigh, and here I was thinking I was actually going to be able to play it during the summer.  Grumble…  School + A&A do not mix well :(

• '10

@Brain:

@TheCaptain:

Sigh, and here I was thinking I was actually going to be able to play it during the summer.  Grumble…  School + A&A do not mix well :(

So quit school :-D

Start a A&A club at your school!

• @FieldMarshalGames:

@Brain:

@TheCaptain:

Sigh, and here I was thinking I was actually going to be able to play it during the summer.  Grumble…  School + A&A do not mix well :(

So quit school :-D

Start a A&A club at your school!

Needless to say, please take FieldMarshalGames advice, and disregard Brain Damaged’s. He doesn’t always play w/a full deck. Sometimes I wonder if he has a HS diploma.

Just kidding BD, as I know you were too :wink:

• Yeah I was just kiddin’ School is very important, at least it served me well. An A&A Club would be a totally cool idea though. You should give that some serious thought.

• Haha, I’ed love to form an A&A club, but the problem is I physically dont have the time in university.  I can play maybe afew games when I have free time (thats around 1-2 times every 3 weeks) but I cant “get lost” in A&A during the school semester like I can in summer.

You know, how you have fun but theres always that “nagging” feeling in the back of your mind you should be working.

• @oztea:

There were some other tidbits, but as long as his site is down i cant remember

I was wondering about that. How long has the site been down. I was on it just last night.

• I was on HGD aboout 2 hours ago.

• '10

As the hype and expectation for this game is tremendous… and it is expected to release in August this year (correct me on date if you have it)…

…why haven’t we been given even the BOX ART picture?

AGGHHH

• I keep checking the WOTC website hoping to see something but it is always the same old story, nothing new.

• Aha!

Found the box art on coolstuffinc.com

interesting that it says it’s published in 2009 and expected release is now Fall 2010… alas, here’s the pic!

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_boardGame.php?viewType=view board games&fp=Acc-AVHAxisandAlliesEurope1940#Axis and Allies: Europe 1940 Board Game

:wink:

• @LuckyDay:

Aha!

Found the box art on coolstuffinc.com

interesting that it says it’s published in 2009 and expected release is now Fall 2010… alas, here’s the pic!

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_boardGame.php?viewType=view board games&fp=Acc-AVHAxisandAlliesEurope1940#Axis and Allies: Europe 1940 Board Game

:wink:

That’s classic.

Oh so true.

• :-D

I think that if you look real close, just under the word ‘image’ there is the picture of Ava Braun, so they are going with a bit different arrangement for the pictures this time around for Europe.  May need an FMG commander piece for this too…. :roll:

• @LuckyDay:

:-D

I think that if you look real close, just under the word ‘image’ there is the picture of Ava Braun, so they are going with a bit different arrangement for the pictures this time around for Europe.  May need an FMG commander piece for this too…. :roll:

It looks like there are a couple of faces there but I do not see Eva Braun. It also looks like there are some letters above the word image, it looks like GALACIX.

• Guys did you not see?  The listed price is $0.00!  WOTC must have realized that they totally screwed up with Pacific 1940 and now for a limited time Europe 1940 is pre-ordable for a discounted price as a way of saying thank you to the A&A fan base.  Better reserve your copies quick before the sale ends!

• @GDFTigerTank:

Guys did you not see?  The listed price is $0.00!  WOTC must have realized that they totally screwed up with Pacific 1940 and now for a limited time Europe 1940 is pre-ordable for a discounted price as a way of saying thank you to the A&A fan base.  Better reserve your copies quick before the sale ends!

Yeah and there is free shipping also.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m