• '10

@bennyboyg:

Going to bed soon, but quality of game is absolutely fantastic. Pieces are highly detailed (better quality than A&A I’d say) and map and components are very durable. Only huge problem (and it was pretty big) was the rules are laid out horribly. There’s no index, and whenever I had to go back to the rule book to look up a rule it took way too long to find it. Many times I simply couldn’t find an answer to a question, so my opponent and I just had to work around it. I really love this game but feel I can’t fully enjoy it too the potential it has, simply because of the awful rulebook. I’d like it if they reprinted one that is laid out better.

(Also, British and Australian generals look strangely Asian… :-o)

If you read my above review of the game you will notice they made the rule book more like a tutorial than a referance.  I agree this was kind of a risk.  Although it makes the game easy to learn and is well done in that respect…  it can be hard to find a rule when going back to look for it.  I will recommend that they make a rules referance section or chart in future games as I think their format is unique.

The WorldsForge site has both a rules erratra and a FAQ section.  Thanks for supporting this game… I hope they come out with more at this level of quality in the future.

RULES ERRATA
    http://www.worldsforge.com/fieldcommand/sg1942_rulesreference.php

They are also quick to answer any questions regarding the rules or the game.

• I definitely understand what they were going for, it would’ve been 100% better if they had just added an index so I could find what page the specific rule I was looking for was on. The whole incremental thing doesn’t really feel like it would work well with this type of game because more likely than not the people playing are going to be very experienced at wargames and not need to go through the “1 unit vs. 1 unit” then “6 units vs. 6 units” scenarios they have to analyze the game. The mechanics and components of it are great though, and I’d like to see them improve because I think they’ve got a lot of potential as a company. I’m still looking forward to what they come out with next.

• @bennyboyg:

I definitely understand what they were going for, it would’ve been 100% better if they had just added an index so I could find what page the specific rule I was looking for was on.

Dear Bennyboyg,
    Thank you for your input.  In response to feedback from you & our other gamers, we have now made available a Rulebook Index for Field Command: Singapore 1942.  It can be found at this URL:  http://www.worldsforge.com/fieldcommand/sg1942_downloads.php

Hope it helps with your game experience!

Yik Lin
    WORLDSFORGE

• Yik,

Thank you! Many thanks for coming here to support your game - it is exactly what I like to see in a product.

• '10

• '10

WorldsForge contacted me to announce that they will be releasing their miniatures for sale separately for use with AAA and other games.

Just a heads up!

I know there has been alot of interest in the Fortress guns and Bren Carriers etc…

I will make a separate post when they make this release.

• I’m in!!! Let me know how to pre-order these guys :-)

Any chance of getting them in black? (jk)

• '10

I have set them up on the FMG web page here:

http://www.fieldmarshalgames.com/field-marshal-games-accesories/worldsforge-field-command/worldsforge-miniatures-2.html

You can also find them in the menu if you go to FMG EXCLUSIVES - WORLDSFORGE - MINIATURES from the top menu.

They should be shipping in a week.  I will not make a full detail announcement here or elsewhere until they arrive.

• SWEET! :-D I will be ordering a few sets of those extra units.
    Thoes426 :evil:

• Dear FCSG1942 players,

In response to your feedback, we have done a major restructuring of our Rulebook to present the rules better. We hope that this will allow all our players to maximize their enjoyment of Field Command: Singapore 1942.

The current draft of Rulebook I.I can be downloaded from BGG or from the following URL: http://www.worldsforge.com/fieldcommand/sg1942_downloads.php

It is important to note that although there is a change in the presentation, the rules themselves have not changed. The rare changes are found in the card-related rules, following playtesting for the Cards Expansion, which has just launched.

Rulebook I.I consolidates all the rules & incorporates all the rule clarifications since launch into the DOCTRINES SECTION. This allows players to easily find the rules that they are looking for when in the midst of a game.

We have also added a BASIC RULES QUICK REFERENCE, as a quick refresher for players returning to the game.

The current version is a work-in-progress as we are still working on the TRAINING SECTION, which will be structured in a similar way to the original rulebook to help new players learn the game. The diagrams may also see further improvement for purposes of clarity.

We welcome your comments or feedback on the new Rulebook I.I.

Yik Lin
    WORLDSFORGE

• '10

NEW RELEASE from WorldsForge

Field Command: Singapore 1942 Cards Expansion is a card-based expansion to the Field Command: Singapore 1942, which is about the Battle of Singapore during the Second World War.

This expansion allows the player to experience many interesting and unique episodes that truly happened during the Battle of Singapore, such as Yamashita’s bluff and Maxwell’s premature withdrawal, the failed Japanese ruse of disguise as Indian soldiers, and the burning hell on Kranji river. Together, these episodes epitomize the unpredict-ability of warfare, as few real battles follow the textbook or even go according to plan.

The cards come in 2 decks, one for each side of the conflict, and enhance the re-playability of 2 campaign scenarios - Impregnable Fortress & The Almost Naked Island. Players will get to adapt to unforeseen situations and surprise their opponents. Every game is a new challenge.

Order yours today!

http://www.fieldmarshalgames.com/field-command-singapore-1942-cards-expansion.html

http://www.worldsforge.com/worldsforge/product_fcsg1942x1.php

• I tried looking at the link for the map and it said it was broken.  :-( Can you look into that please?

• '10

@Sun_Tzu:

I tried looking at the link for the map and it said it was broken.  :-( Can you look into that please?

Where was that link?  I don’t have a link to the map?  You can see more detailed pictures of this both on my website or under the BGG listing.

• '10

@Sun_Tzu:

The first post is all of the links

Please visit our site.  The game is linked off of the main page.

Thanks

• So Field Marshal have you ever thought of making a module for this game? It looks real fun but I don’t have $70 burning a hole in my pocket. I mean I’d rather have the board version but a module would be great for a demo. What do ya think? Also I noticeed that in your rulebook that you have the “company commander” section of the training guide as rolling for one unit. Does that mean one unit is roughly 140 men strong? Idf so thats cool because it gives the game a sense of realism. Bonus points for historical accuracy  :-)

• '10

@Pvt.Ryan:

So Field Marshal have you ever thought of making a module for this game? It looks real fun but I don’t have $70 burning a hole in my pocket. I mean I’d rather have the board version but a module would be great for a demo. What do ya think? Also I noticed that in your rulebook that you have the “company commander” section of the training guide as rolling for one unit. Does that mean one unit is roughly 140 men strong? Idf so thats cool because it gives the game a sense of realism. Bonus points for historical accuracy  :-)

I can’t do that as this is not my game.  Any module or TripleA version of this game would have to be licensed by WorldsForge Ltd.  FMG is the North American distributor of Field Command games only.

I can tell you that Historical accuracy is very important to the design team at WorldsForge.  This is by far the highest Quality Historical board game I have ever had the pleasure of playing.

• Ah well thats to bad. Well if you ever have a game that is similar to Singapore please make a module because it would be a great game.

• @Imperious:

No but i will post pics of the AA pieces next to them.

lol this tread is over 2 years old and I guess IL forgot to post pics of A&A and Singapore pieces for a side by side comparison.  :-D

• Customizer

You can gauge the size of pieces against the infantry. There is a good set of pics at BoardGameGeek.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m