What do you prefur for task Forces?

• Hello,I was wondering what is a good AAP Task Force and when it’s good to get your ships moving towards Japan?

• Has anyone tried a TF of only subs, say 6 of 'em?

What were the results?

• I usually build about 6 subs after my carriers are built,they’ve made the Jap fleet run many times! :lol:

• @AA:

Hello,I was wondering what is a good AAP Task Force and when it’s good to get your ships moving towards Japan?

UK needs subs, followed by transports guarded by destroyers, plus your starting AC and Battleship if they have managed to survive and move that far.

US needs subs and bombers…your starting surface ships (minus Pearl Harbor), and the occasional loaded transport, are all that are necessary to gain ground against the Japanese. Subs and bombers both serve well in keeping the Japanese from attacking your smaller fleet. Individual subs blocking attack against your fleet by placing themselves between you and the Japanese, and large numbers of subs and bombers force the Japanese to run the risk of a decisive counterattack if they attempt to force the issue…and subs are ideal for retaking convoy routes and denying the Japanese necessary income because they cannot be killed by aircraft alone. Any destroyers that aid in such a fight will fall prey to your bombers unless they are well guarded. Eventually, Japan will have to invest in replacement destroyers just to keep his income up.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m