Units changed in the revision you didn't field, but now will??

• Just wondering which of the revised units you never planned on using, or used infrequently, but now plan on implementing regularly?

For me, it’s the Puma, Easy Eight, and Chaffee for sure, and possibly the Nashorn.

• Good topic!

I like your list, though I play 100 pts and still owuldn’t field the Nashorn.  I’ve used the Chaffee before and am glad tp see its got a more reasonable price.

My answer is:

#1.  The entire Soviet Army!  With the improvements to the Commisar, you can actually use the Mosin and other Soviet infantry units.

#2.  The French grenade guy the Lebel whatever, is now a playable unit for hsitorical builds (year and country specific).  Shrapnel lets them take on the 5/5 Infantry, and they throw 4 dice at med VS vehicles.

#3.  The German Light Mortar was crap before because you had to be at Med range.  It now can reach into long range.

#4.  The Italian core infantry unit (the one with Bravado) is now an 8/6 I think…that makes the Italians fairly playable.

• #5.  Panzergrendier

He’s down to 4 pts, still has CA 8 and Mechanized Tactics, but now has 8/6 AI stats.  Very nice unit.

• I don’t have these revisions yet, but I heard the SS Panzergrenediers went UP 2 points. Screw that with a rusty fork. I shouldn’t complain AT ALL though. As soon as I have all that revised crap figured out: I love that German half tracks are cheap now and the same goes for the Panzer Ausf III g. I love fielding those tanks.

• @Obergruppenfuhrer:

I don’t have these revisions yet, but I heard the SS Panzergrenediers went UP 2 points. Screw that with a rusty fork. I shouldn’t complain AT ALL though. As soon as I have all that revised crap figured out: I love that German half tracks are cheap now and the same goes for the Panzer Ausf III g. I love fielding those tanks.

The SS-Panzergrenediers were bumped up to 7 pts several years ago actually.  (Rangers too by the way).

• @Motdc:

Good topic!

I like your list, though I play 100 pts and still owuldn’t field the Nashorn.  I’ve used the Chaffee before and am glad tp see its got a more reasonable price.

My answer is:

#1.  The entire Soviet Army!  With the improvements to the Commisar, you can actually use the Mosin and other Soviet infantry units.

#2.  The French grenade guy the Lebel whatever, is now a playable unit for hsitorical builds (year and country specific).  Shrapnel lets them take on the 5/5 Infantry, and they throw 4 dice at med VS vehicles.

#3.  The German Light Mortar was crap before because you had to be at Med range.  It now can reach into long range.

#4.  The Italian core infantry unit (the one with Bravado) is now an 8/6 I think…that makes the Italians fairly playable.

In number 4 are you reffering to the 81mm? That thing is ridiculous at 16 hexes with spotter capabilities.

I just got a couple of those with the spotters (81mm mortars)

I’m using the SD Kfz “Goliath” the next chance I get. I just got 3 in the mail but they were out of my damn Nershwager or whatever. You know, that rocket salvo launcher for the Germans.

Another thing is I’ll actually use the German Half tracks now that they aren’t a total rip off.

I use that little german jeep with a move of 5.

I LOVE the new 7.5cm artillery piece for Germany. 7 points?? Extended range and it’s a great balance between anti soldier and tank attacks?? I only have one but I wish I had at least 3. That little thing is ridiculous for 7 points.

I’ll always use the Brummbar in ANY battle.

• @Obergruppenfuhrer:

@Motdc:

Good topic!

My answer is:

In number 4 are you reffering to the 81mm? That thing is ridiculous at 16 hexes with spotter capabilities.

The original poster was asking about the new units stats that were released last week for all units ever made…and which ones are now finally playable.  For #4, I think the Italin unit Fucio Modello (the stock infantry units) was changed to have better stats, which I feel makes it a playbale unit.  Before, he sucked so bad I wouldnt spend 3 pts on him.

If you lik the Brummbar, note that they officially added the Sideskirts special ability to it!

Mot

• @Motdc:

@Obergruppenfuhrer:

@Motdc:

Good topic!

My answer is:

The original poster was asking about the new units stats that were released last week for all units ever made…and which ones are now finally playable.  For #4, I think the Italin unit Fucio Modello (the stock infantry units) was changed to have better stats, which I feel makes it a playbale unit.  Before, he sucked so bad I wouldnt spend 3 pts on him.

If you lik the Brummbar, note that they officially added the Sideskirts special ability to it!

Mot

Wow. I’m definately happy about that. Right now, we’re just playing with the cards that I have when I started playing 2 years ago. If we get a card for the same unit with different points, then we play with that. Otherwise, everything is : AS IS on the card we currently have. So in other words, I really hope I get another Brummbar and Panzer Ausf 111 g. I can’t wait to use those goliath units. They’re so strange! Was that really happening as of 1939? Germans driving remote controlled cars with a bunch of explosives hooked up? That’s the year on the card and it seems a few years behind it’s time for German technology.

• I recall reading that the Poles (I think…maybe it was the French) would cut the wires of the Goliath to defeat them before they detonated.  They were remote controlled, not radio controlled.

• @Motdc:

I recall reading that the Poles (I think…maybe it was the French) would cut the wires of the Goliath to defeat them before they detonated.  They were remote controlled, not radio controlled.

Wow! I had no idea about this technology and I study the Reich all the time. Looks like it’s back to the books for me.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m