• The picture for A&A anniversary on coolstuffinc has it as spring 1942.  Amazon and everywhere else it is 1941.  Its the same version right or am I missing something?

• It’s actually got two different setups in the box. 1941, and 1942. Something none of the other versions do.

• @tin_snips:

It’s actually got two different setups in the box. 1941, and 1942. Something none of the other versions do.

Yes sorry I mean on the picture in the description.  Coolstuffinc says spring 1942, amazon and others say 1941.  I was just wanting to make 100% sure they are the same versions

• I think the box should say 1941. I don’t have my copy in-front of me right now though.

• Official Q&A

The “1942” image was released as an advance announcement for the original printing and is of a prototype.  All of the production boxes say “1941”.  BoardGameGeek has the prototype version of the box as its main image, which is very confusing.  It has led more than one person to question whether a copy of AA50 being sold online is authentic.  I have asked them several times to change it to the production version, and they have done so every time, but then someone else (presumably the person that uploaded the prototype image) asks them to change it back again.  Most likely that is the source of the image on CoolStuff’s website, as the image has the original AA50 logo in the lower right corner.

• @Krieghund:

The “1942” image was released as an advance announcement for the original printing and is of a prototype.  All of the production boxes say “1941”.  BoardGameGeek has the prototype version of the box as its main image, which is very confusing.  It has led more than one person to question whether a copy of AA50 being sold online is authentic.  I have asked them several times to change it to the production version, and they have done so every time, but then someone else (presumably the person that uploaded the prototype image) asks them to change it back again.  Most likely that is the source of the image on CoolStuff’s website, as the image has the original AA50 logo in the lower right corner.

Makes sense  I thought there was only one version but just wanted to make sure.  Thanks guys

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m