• @axis_roll:

@newpaintbrush:

@axis_roll:

Actually, I like using the US to clear a hole in the Japanese forces (if possible) to open up a tank rush with either Russia or UK.

This shows how much a difference there is between Axis Roll’s picture of the board and mine.  In my picture, US can clear a path for UK or Russia, but if Russia or UK DO run through with tanks, Japan just kills all the Russian or UK tanks, or at least kills most of them and withdraws, then moves reinforcements up.  In Axis Roll’s picture, I think Japan is mostly already dead.

I never said I would blindly march stacks of russia/uk tanks through US punched holes to be easily killed by the japanese.  These would be optimal targets of opportunity behind the Japanese front lines, if any existed.

The light shining off that belt in your avvie got in my eyes.

BTW, I win with Allies a heck of a lot more than I do with Axis.  I ought to play ncsswitch when I get internet at my new place (won’t happen until I can get a couple days off work).

• 2007 AAR League

@axis_roll:

@U-505:

Switch isn’t screwed up. The Allies require careful coordination to be effective. Even a minor mistake tends to snowball.

Hmm.

1).  I never said or implied Switch was screwed up.  I asked about his style, which may affect his game outcome.  Allies should play more conservative (to their defensive strength).  Also, certain personalities play one side better than the other.  There certainly are Allied Players as well as Axis players.

2).  It’s way easier to defend in this game than attack.

3).  In LHTR Revised, IMHOallies should win 60% of the time.  Key here is the Allies can overcome poor round 1 (&2) dice, whereas the axis have a MUCH more difficult time doing this.

I never said or implied that you said or implied that Switch was screwed up. Switch did. I just meant that I agreed with Switch that the Axis win more often. It’s that way around here. Or for me at least.

@ncscswitch:

I would agree.

In my new game, just finished G1, I am on the edge of conceeding the game.
    R1’s 2 attacks: 1 went about as expected, the other went totally Russiam (wR w/ loss of 1 INF)
    Germany got CREAMED in Egypt (lost 3 INF, 1 ART, 1 ARM, retreated 1 BOM; UK LOST 1 INF!) and my Ukraine Counter against 2 ARM cost me 4 INF.

The Axis has to be the offensive group since they start behind in economy. But one or two early sets of bad dice (3 in my current game) and you are pretty much TOAST.

Don’t waffle now Switch. I remember a game I played where my opponent killed 4 Japanese TP’s on US1 and I still squeaked out a win. The Axis carried jsp and I to the finals in the doubles tourney and so far they’ve carried me 2 out of 3 games in this singles tourney.Â

And only Japan has to be offensive. Germany, for the most part, needs only to try to defend it’s original territories(except Africa, which usually goes as fast as it comes. It’s more of a raid, really). The Axis starts in a much stronger position which offsets the economy difference.

• Normally I would agree…

But on UK1 I also obtained a UK Fleet in the Med of 1 AC, 1 DST, 2 FIGs (I managed to kill the TRN believe it or not).
    Add in a BOM in T-J, and the fact that he still has an ARM in the Middle East, and I think you might begin to see what I am talking about.

Germany is surrounded, Africa is lost, the Allies control the Med already, and Germany does not have enough forces to even THINK of securing their core territory, let alone challenge Russia, and I won’t have much of an income for much longer…

Unlike losing 4 TRNs as Japan on US1… the assault on Germany does NOT let up after a 1 turn whooping, it just keeps getting worse…

• 2007 AAR League

Yeah, but you are basing your decision solely on a game that had a STRING of bad dice. Anomaly. If the Allies had been the victim of those dice you would be clearly ahead. Bad early dice usually sinks everybody not just the Axis.

• But that same string would not be as automatically fatal to the Allies as it is to the Axis.

Given time, the Allies gain ground due to their pre-existing economic lead.

• 2007 AAR League

Switch, send 2 figs to Egypt as well, and this will happen less frequent (belive me, i have been there lots of times before…)

• I would have, but I lsot 1 in Ukraine, and I have lost the TRN in SZ5 before, so I did not want to pull the FIG off that attack, and you need 4 to insure the BB in SZ13 w/o losing a FIG.

• 2007 AAR League

Im feeling a game…

• 2007 AAR League

@ezto:

Im feeling a game…

Is that what the kids are calling pocket pool these days  :lol:

• 2007 AAR League

O_o

I wanna play, but i tend to quit when the dice are being gay. Thats why I play low luck.

• I would like to thank everbody for their input on this topic. I think I am gonna give a try in my next game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m