fair enough. Let’s say you pull the armor back, and toss fighters in? Or one arm, one ftr?
Also it’s not just the german ftr but also it’s armor(s). Plus stalling it for 2 turns (by forcing it to pull back instead of allowing it to build up).
I’m not sure I follow, how does hitting EEuro hurt Germany more than attacking Ukr. It has 1 more armor anyway, and you have more guys to throw in. Further against a good PE bid you’d likely be creating a deadzone in Karelia even with armor there, or I could stack Cauc to force you from Karelia on R2. Either way I don’t see why attacking EEuro is going to hurt Germany more than hitting Ukr would.
Depending on the bid of course, but interesting is
sub vs sub in AZO
2 ftr vs trn, sub in BAL
8/3 vs Ukr
and maybe 5/1 vs Man (only w/1 inf Kwa bid or less)
ncm the trn to NOR and Germany has a tough task.
Yes very much depending on the bid if you ask me. IMO no Africa bid should ever happen unless you are prepared to bid 2 guys into Manch. I assume an Africa bid as against a PE bid this would be extremely risky, and create a potential deadzone out of Karelia. So yes I’d say this would work against only the very worst of bids.
That’s the only reason I’d risk all my tanks in E Euro. At least I know I’ll have another round to build before an invasion. I don’t like it, but in an unRR, no bid game (ie playing by the printed rules) I could see the tactical advantage to taking Manch, E. Euro, Baltic Sea and the sea zone to the west of France with Russia followed by a Kwang attack by the UK.
But herein lies the problem in a no bid no RR game why would Russia need to ever worry about Karelia. I would also question why Russia would need to attack Manchuria as in a no bid game the Allies start with such an impressive advantage they don’t need to do much to win.
From the sounds of it, most folks are using a newer PC version of A&A. For those using the Hasbro version, a few glitches you should be aware of.
1. Computer playing Germany invariably invades Egypt with Libya tank/INF AND transported INF from Southern. IF the UK sub sinks the transport, ALL 3 GERMAN INF disapear, leaving only the tank to fight in Egypt.
2. Computer playing Russia, if Germany has land forces in Caucuses and Russia holds Karelia, the combined Karelia/Russia AA will kill TWICE as many aircraft (and ALWAYS the bomber) as they should if German AF is used to support an attack on Russia in G2. I have tried this move on MANY occasions with up to 4 figs and a bomber supporting 2 INF against a lightly defended Russia. I end up with 1 or 2 figs left (usually 1), regardless of the number of aircraft sent.
3. Carrier aircraft recovery. If you “forget” to land any fighters in the non-combat phase and click “done”, and then try to land airborn fighters on a carrier when the PC prompts you that you have to land aircraft, any and all fighters designated to land on carriers will CRASH and be lost. Only solution is to “time machine” back to non-combat phase and re-do ALL non-combat moves and land fighters before clicking “done”
My odds calculator tells me that there is about a 25% chance of the bomber winning, 25% chance of the BB winning and 50% chance they both die. This assumes one-hit BB and no heavy bombers
Considering that while the BB costs more IPCs than the bomber, keep in mind it can do potentially much less attack damage (one time potential hit only on amphibious assaults) and on defense is essentially equal to only two transports (my odds calculators says 45% BB, 45% transports, 5% both die) I wouldn’t worry about it. Let them bomb away and your opponent will likely lose their bomber.
However, if you really don’t want to lose the BB, just make sure you keep a transport or two with it for “fodder”.
Its usually not a good idea to split up your navy anyway, I always make sure to keep some transport or submarine fodder next to the powerful and expensive ships whenever possible. As for land operations, you should always keep cheap (infantry or transports) weapons alongside expensive items (BB or bombers) so if they are attacked, the cheap items can be eliminated first.