• I will try it next week end this one will be a very bad week end for me! Full of work!

But I will try as soon as possible!

I agree with you that it will be a dice game, but the important thing is to show them that thinking is more important and also more enjoying!

• Another balancing factor I’ve heard about (but not personally tried) is to give the allies an IC in India as part of the set-up.  This mean UK can place units in India UK1.

Sounds like a nice balancing move.

• To be totaly honest I have always set a VC condition for victory (9 or 10), but never really get there.  There just comes a point in this game where you can tell who is going to win and then with the agreement of all players you call the game.  We just play until someone sues for peace.  :lol:

• Well triforce, I strongly agree with you!

The last discussion are only related an idea of Switch that I am willig to try for having short games. This short games should be used by me for having other friends to try A&A. Until now they did not want to play, having little time, and they prefer to play other games.
    So we are wondering if was possible to play short games, that may shows A&A, arrive to a conclusion and are mre than a demo.

So just to recall all the idea, and to have other input summarize the rule.

I need a name so:

Axis&Allies Revised FastNDiceous    :)

• 8 VC game
    • Bid for Axis. Allied may spend the IPC before R1, placing units without any limitation
    • 4 for side, chosen
    • UK IC in India

Other Ideas:

• US navy is not at Pearl Harbour (Sz 52) but is on the West Coast (Sz55) ???
    • other ???

• Fact is, Axis and Allies is a long ass game.

Allied bid in 8 VC?  Boo.  Give the Axis a chance.

• newpaintbrush, it is only an attempt to have a shorter game.
    I would like to play A&A with myy ludic associations. We have weekly a gaming session in a Pub. Whe have an agreement with the pub management and we have three tables in a corner reserved for us, and we play! (and drink beer…)

So I was wondering about a “faster” version. I think that 8VC is slighty favourable for the Axis. So I will try:

• 4 NAs for side
    • UK IC in India
    • Bid for the Axis

I will try and … let you know.

• 1.  NAs heavily favor the Allies.
    2.  You gave UK an IC in India?
    3.  You want to give additional IPCs to the Allies?

It’s like watching a shaved monkey on fire.  You want to feel sorry for it, but it’s so interesting to watch, you pull out a videocamera instead.

My thought is, if you want a fast and vicious game of Axis and Allies, play 8 VCs with no funny stuff.  You don’t have to explain extra NAs.  The Axis try to smash into India, and the Allies desperately try to fight them off.

BTW, make the new guys the Axis.

• Mmmmm…. and so I have not to explain the NAs to the newbie gaining more time for playing (and for beer…  :-D)

• Yes, maybe… beer… er…  :-D

Serioulsy, we have two different necessities.

Usually we have week end games in which we have 3 or 4 player games, and we play at 9 VC, that really means play until one of the two side surrenders.

One or two time at weeks my gaming group, with more people, have meetings in our Pub.
    And I would like to make “fast” games of A&A in order to explain the game and having player to try, having a fun and equilbrate game, if possible. Just wondering about 8 VC games and eventual adjustment to do.

I had the following idea from ncscswitch:

• 4 NAs for side
    • UK IC in India
    • Bid for the Axis

But newpaintbrush suggested to try the 8 VC game as it is, and maybe this may shortening thexplanation time (and increase the beer time … er…  :-D we have to consume in the Pub otherwise the management could want to re-negotiate  :wink:)

I will try next week to propose A&A with 8 VC, and only after the assessing I will try to inntroduce some options.

• I can;t take credit for all of those.

I think my main suggestion was a small bid for the Allies, and then it is a 5 turn max game (Axis wins in 5, or they lose)

Or just add an INF to India.  That should be enough to make 8 VC a bit harder for the Axis…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m