Axis and Allies Release Schedule for 2007

• I didn’t know where to post this since it pertains not only to AAM but to A&A board games as well.  Anyways, here is the good news.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/aam/ah20070328c

We are proud to announce our product line for the remainder of 2007. This year is focused on Axis and Allies, both the miniatures and board games, with several new offerings. Whether you want more out of your minis, more miniatures or a new version of Axis and Allies, there is something here for every fan of World War II tactical and strategic game play.In order to get this information out to you as soon as possible, we are making use of concept art for the new boosters and starter.

Axis and Allies Miniatures Expanded Rules Guide

The Rules of Engagement Haven’t Changed. They’ve Just Gotten Better.

Add more depth and detail to your Axis & Allies Miniatures games with expanded rules that allow you and your opponent to engage in skirmish battles on a whole new level. The Axis & Allies Miniatures Expanded Rules Guide compiles the existing rules system along with expanded rules developed with the feedback and input of avid fans and strategy gamers. These new rules do not replace our existing rules set, but rather add a new dimension to existing game play. Battle Scenarios challenge players on either side of the battlefield, putting tactical skills and strategic planning to the test. Larger double-side battle maps feature highly detailed artwork and allow players to make use of maneuverability and tactical placement of their units.

The Expanded Rules Guide Contains:

* 48-page rulebook, including new, expanded rules for the Axis & Allies Miniatures Game .
        * 8 New Battle Scenarios.
        * 2 new full color, double sided, 21” x 30” hex maps with 3" hexes.
        * Comprehensive checklist featuring every miniature from all five Axis & Allies Miniatures expansions.
        * Available in stores June 22nd, 2007.

Axis & Allies Miniatures 1939 – 1945

This new starter set is made up of fan favorites pulled from previous Axis and Allies Miniautres expansions, including an uncommon T-34. Miniatures with all new paint schemes and new abilities, such as Tanks with Commanders are included in this all new 60 piece set. Included in the new starter are new full color maps. The new starter comes in a new size at a new price.

Axis & Allies Miniatures 1939 – 1945 Starter

* 10 non-random miniatures per starter.
        * 2 new full color, double sided, 21” x 30” hex maps with 3" hexes.
        * Rulebook
        * Counters
        * Priced at $14.99 and available in September 28th, 2007

Axis & Allies Miniatures 1939 – 1945 Booster

* 5 random miniatures
        * Set Checklist
        * Priced at $9.99 and available September 28th, 2007

Axis and Allies: Guadacanal

A sweeping conflict in the South Pacific where naval might leads to air superiority. Axis and Allies: Guadacanal challenges you to control sea zones and island groups while managing trooop and supply transport and directing land, sea, and air forces in one of the decisive campaigns of the Second World War’s Pacific Theater.

* Created by Larry Harris, designer of the Axis and Allies board game.
        * Incorporates crucial elements that were key factors in the historical campaign, such as air strip construction, troop and supply transport, and furious land, sea, and air battles.
        * Introduces the Cruiser unit as well as mechanics for land, sea and air combat in the South Pacific using a randomized casualties system.
        * Provides fans with the historical counterpoint to the World War II experience offered by Axis and Allies: Battle of the Bulge.
        * Available September 2007

Axis & Allies Miniatures North Africa 1940 – 1943

The Desert War is on in this new expansion set for Axis and Allies Miniatures. This 60 piece set contains many new units that fans have long petitoned for, such as the British Matilda, trucks and many new infantry units. Most of the units in this set are painted in desert paint schemes.

Each Axis & Allies Miniatures North Africa 1940 – 1943 Booster Contains

* 5 random miniatures
        * Set Checklist
        * Priced at $9.99 and available December 7th, 2007

Sounds like its going to be an exciting year.  :-D

• I like the North African expansion, I’m a little puzzled about the lack of an announcement on the War at Sea expansion, and I’m very nervous about the whole “Tanks with Commanders” deal.  I thought heroes were a suspect addition to the game which would lead to some of the problems seen in other minis games.  I got out of Mechwarrior because you couldn’t win without the super-special limited edition promo mechs, and I’m worried that these will turn into super-special units that break the game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m